• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Whats up with Leupold?

startrek

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2008
lexington,nc
I just bought a 30mm Leupold 4.5 x 14 x 50 LR scope, in the store it's hard to tell but when I mounted it,it has a very small FOV even on 4.5 and at dusk is was not as bright as a 3x9x40 Vari-2, have they changed glass.

Re: Whats up with Leupold?

Something must be wrong, I've got like 6 leupy tactical scopes and my 4.5 x 14 x 50 is the BEST one by far... I blew the guys at TGR away when I lined it up next to the USO/NF/S&B glass we had on eval.

I've got the same scope with IR on my hunting rifle & i love it!

i sent one back to the factory because it gathered less light (everything else being equal) than my simmons.

the factory told me it meet there standards and sent it back to me. that was my last leupold purchase

From now on it's Zeiss Conquest for me, same price, much better quality.

All my leupolds are bright and clear (Mk4, Vx11 and VXIII). Call them.

If you have never had problems with Leupold before give them a the oppurtunity to make it right. I have had dealings with there CS a few times for Custom Shop work and they will do whatever they can to make it right.