• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What's up with my USO EREK knob?

j1972

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2010
I dont know if I have it right. I'm using the plain black sealed cap. The cap goes on the main O-ring I use the 2 allen screws, put the one small oring into each screw and tighten.

Do I have that correct with the small orings into each screw?

I tightened them pretty snug and when I turn the erek knob to go to zero if I'm not concentrating on feeling the clicks the erek knob will just slide on by beyond the stop as in running out of clicks. Then I have to take it back off and reset the damn thing.
The knob has barely enough friction.
I've cleaned the oring thinking maybe there's grease on it or something.
What's my fix for this.

Re: What's up with my USO EREK knob?

Yes, once you have your scope zeroed in, you use the black cap withe o rings. Just tighten them down more...

Your EREK knob is not contacting the tube is it? I have a pile of EREK knobs, I have 2 that I had to shorten up in the lathe about .1" or so to work on my SN-3's and ST-10, not sure why they were made longer though.

They will slip if not tight enough. Its a pain when it happens, so I tighten mine as tight as I can with the short end of the allen in my fingers.

My center adjustment screw was hitting the cap on my latest scope. I just drilled
the inside and center of the cap about 020.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigwheeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My center adjustment screw was hitting the cap on my latest scope. I just drilled
the inside and center of the cap about 020. </div></div>

Bigwheeler beat me to it...

If there is not a machined clearance in the center, it should have one. Take a drill bit and just put a little dimple in the center. I had a couple of caps come like this.

If you try to torque down to much on those little screws, they will strip out, ask me how I know...