• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's up with the Magpul UBR Butstock?

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
Who has one, who wants one, and are they worth it? I can't find any in stock, Magpul says backorder and wait.........How Long??

Re: What's up with the Magpul UBR Butstock?

They are just about imppossible to find. I've only seen one in person. Have no idea on delivery times.

Cut

I've been looking for a ubr for about a year now. No luck so far. I have been shooting an a2 until i find one.

I've got an A-2, too and it's okay, I wonder how log the wait is at Brownels

What's the next best but stock for the AR-15?? Pictures requested ........please.

I do like my SOPMOD from LMT. I can keep some batteries and extra bolt parts and firing pin in the storage tubs.

But I did have to change my Bushmaster's tube to a mil-spec buffer tube. No big deal really.

Cut

I put one on my dissapator and really like it,definately a heavy collapsable stock but still nice.Like you said hard to find got lucky around Christmas.

Of all the collapsible stocks I have owned, the UBR is my favorite. The only knock I have against it is that it is a bit heavy. But very stout. The constant cheek weld is nice, but on the carbine I had it on, it wasnt really a big deal.

About the only way to get one asap, is to over pay. They are awesome stocks. I have been thinking about getting another one for my SHTF carbine. Hard to justify the price though, for me, on that carbine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got an A-2, too and it's okay, I wonder how log the wait is at Brownels

What's the next best but stock for the AR-15?? Pictures requested ........please. </div></div>

Here's a couple pics for ya...
IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5964.jpg

This UBR is on my .458 SOCOM. For this big bore AR it's the hot ticket. Yes it's heavy but solid as a rock. I saw one while I was in Colorado a couple months ago for $265. I paid 251 but when I'm back down there I'm gonna see if it's still there cuz my AR10 needs one!

The LMT SOPMOD is my favorite. I looked at the UBR and decided it was too robust for my needs. It's really easy to load up an AR with stuff that ends up making it heavy.

I personally like the VLTOR E-MOD better than the UBR. I have ARs with a UBR, E-MOD, MODSTOCK, CTR and SPR so that is the basis of my statement. The E-MOD is longer than the MODSTOCK and works out quite well for a scoped AR, balances well with a M4 profile and does ok on a heavy 16" or fluted 18". E-MODs are half the price(or slightly over if you need the tube, buffer and spring) of the UBR and are easily found.

I would probably not buy the UBR if I had a second go at it.

_DSC0023-2.jpg

P1010179.jpg

PB110144.jpg

_DSC0219-1.jpg

eta for pics

I have two of them and they are my favorite stock for the AR's. I just wish I could find other one in green.

L.

Guess I have been lucky as I have one...in Black, FDE and Foilage. Found some on AR15.com and several here on this board (one was a trade for a second NIB black that had I snagged locally). I assumed that they were getting easier to find. They are the best AR stocks in my opinion but I have not tried them all...yet
smile.gif

Pat

I bought a green one about 6-8 months ago. I gave $135 for the whole sha-bang. It's a little on the heavy side for a carbine but it sure is comfortable and robust. I like it.

I have only shouldered one and really liked it.
My SPR has an A2, as I've had a UBR on order through DPMS since March.
Mine is for an SPR application, so the weight is good. I really didn't want a PRS as I shoot almost "nose to charging handle", making the adjustable cheekpiece too far back for me. The consistent, comfortable cheekweld of the UBR, mixed with adjustable LOP for different positions make it the winner in my search.
Come on DPMS backorder!!

I have one on a carbine and it is my favorite ar stock now. Its very robust like mentioned above. I think I need some more in FDE...

I've been looking for months.

I've had a post running on WTB for a week or so...was contacted by a guy who had an unused black one....wanted $370 +P&P.

At this price I'd rather wait to see if the supply from Magpul gets any better - not really into lining speculators' pockets.

Like the guys said before, it is very robust and I have no doubt you could take out a few with the butt end and nothing would happen to it. I personally did not like it because when I put my chin against it when I shoot it ends up in the void at the end of the stock. I don't shoot with my nose on the charging handle like some people, some people love it some don't I prefer the CTR over the UBR.

Theirs at least 3 of them for sale on gun broker if you want to pay at least $100 over what they actually sell for

I had one for quite a while and just sold it recently. It was a nice stock but it was too heavy and ugly IMO. I won't buy another one but they are nice.

-X

Is the cheek piece adjustable for hieght on the UBR?
That is the only real change I need- a higher cheekpiece!

Thank you,

Jordan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the cheek piece adjustable for hieght on the UBR?
That is the only real change I need- a higher cheekpiece!

Thank you,

Jordan </div></div>

No, but the UBR comes with 2 different profile cheek pieces that allow you to choose how you want your cheek to form to the stock. You will not find an adjustable height cheek piece in this class of stock, as previously noted in this thread, they are combat stocks intended for nose to charging handle shooting, the charging handle rubs on most stocks as is, any higher and the handle would be inoperable.

Thank you- I did not realize NTCH= non adjustable cheekpiece.

Make sense now that you said it...

Thank you,

Jordan

I believe that one is wider than the other but can't go higher and still clear the charging handle.

Pat

Great info guys since I'm an new AR-15 owner, the extra weight does concern me since I'm trying to keep the weight down on my SPR project, it's based on a Rock River Predator Pursuit, National Match barrel contour. Might check out the Viltor while on the Brownels list can always get my money out of it (UBR).

Keep the pictures coming I'm getting great ideas. about decide on a DD lite rail.

These things are money pit's aren't they, haven't even decided on optice yet although the NXS 2.8-10X32 is in the lead, way ahead of my wallet!!!

I have two preproduction units from back when they launched and finally got around to putting them on lowers. I'm sold. Going to need more of them.

Balances out my can nicely.

I like mine. Rock solid and heavy which helped balance my nose heavy SBR.
IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

Phylodog, that is a nice setup. I have been searching high and low for these stocks especially for one in FDE. freaking nuts how hard they are to find without spending $500 for it

The UBR's price is definitely based solely on supply and demand. I have only seen one since the election. If you are impatient, expect to pay. Personally I have had several on order since early March, and I am still waiting.