• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's up with the Vortex AMG line?

Found this thread because I have an 6-24 AMG-5 that needs to go back to Vortex for service and wanted to see if there were any similar issues with other owners.
Purchased it in 2020 and it has spent most it’s life on either a 6mm AR or a 22lr bolt rifle. Recently will not focus parallax on any object greater than 300 yards away.
Parallax issues were pretty commonly reported. I had one with that issue and another one that was fine.

Reactions: accurate obsession
Found this thread because I have an 6-24 AMG-5 that needs to go back to Vortex for service and wanted to see if there were any similar issues with other owners.
Purchased it in 2020 and it has spent most it’s life on either a 6mm AR or a 22lr bolt rifle. Recently will not focus parallax on any object greater than 300 yards away.
Had a similar issue with my very first one (around 2015ish IIRC), it was an issue with adhesive on one of the elements, but that was supposed to have been fixed in assembly on later units. Good thing with Vortex is they have very fast turnaround on repairs, you will not be disappointed with their warranty service.

When did the amg line got clapped? Other than the toaster i do not see anything in the scope line on their site. Assuming 96lbs Razor scopes are their highest tear now ?

Reactions: Tikkaguy
When did the amg line got clapped? Other than the toaster i do not see anything in the scope line on their site. Assuming 96lbs Razor scopes are their highest tear now ?
The 6-24 stopped production rather quietly but AMG team is working on something new, thats about all we know at this time.