• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Whats up with this?

not glowing, but more like digitized outlines.

Said it was a mix of nvg and thermal imaging. Should be a more compact version of adding a coti to nvg right?

Edit to add the capabilities of the coti

The COTI™ has multiple modes of use. These include full thermal mode, a patrol mode, and an outline mode

Their new fuzed NV/Thermal toy.

We’ve come a long way from the NV I used in the Army back in the 80’s. 😆

The Steiner Close Quarter Thermal (CQT) unit is similar with the outline and is available to civi’s but it’s not a helmet unit but rather a rifle mount option.

I’ve used some similar stuff SOCOM had out about 6 years ago.

I won’t go into details about the capabilities here because they are amazing though I am pretty sure they are not classified.

In the jungle they will make you an apex predator. The capabilities are out of this world. They did drain batteries though.

These have talked about for a while. Just the natural evolution of the original PSQ-20 fusion unit with some additional tech mixed in.
Anyone remember the Land Warrior program? Think about how far tech tech has come since then.

In the jungle they will make you an apex predator.
I think they made a movie out of that in the 80's ;) Funny how stuff from sci-fi movies somehow makes it into the modern world, I had a pic of all the Star Trek stuff that has actually become tech products today.

Reactions: camocorvette
Yeah. We found that the weight of the system did not make us favor it over PVS-31 goggles for typical deployment work. However, in the jungle typical nods struggle to get enough light and to penetrate the shadows in the brush.

Reactions: stefan73
Always remember, one good EMP whether natural or man made and it's back to this. :oops:

1619660714265.png

These have talked about for a while. Just the natural evolution of the original PSQ-20 fusion unit with some additional tech mixed in.
Anyone remember the Land Warrior program? Think about how far tech tech has come since then.
Land Warrior was a great concept. The weight of that system was ridiculous when you also looked at the rest of the soldiers load. We played with it overseas but in a limited way, using only its best features but not the individual soldier systems of it (those were left in a connex).

The envg-b Army contract was split 50/50 between L3 and Elbit USA. We had the Elbit System in hand for a few weeks and it is bad ass. Beyond the spectacular fusion capabilities ( 10 micron, 1280 display) it has phenomenal Aug Reality potential. We have shown it to a few large LE agencies and should be able to deliver to those agencies in Q4 of 21. Wish I could share the video.....one day. Exciting times in 21.

Reactions: Squibbler
The envg-b Army contract was split 50/50 between L3 and Elbit USA. We had the Elbit System in hand for a few weeks and it is bad ass. Beyond the spectacular fusion capabilities ( 10 micron, 1280 display) it has phenomenal Aug Reality potential. We have shown it to a few large LE agencies and should be able to deliver to those agencies in Q4 of 21. Wish I could share the video.....one day. Exciting times in 21.