• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's with all the Chinese?

canezach

House of Chingasos
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 18, 2014
    Colorado
    Seriously, what's the purpose? A dozen freaking Chinese threads a night??

You'd think they'd be able to figure this out, and stick a bayonet in it ... right?

encoded messages about the resistance ?
    or we come in peace .✌️

You can pretty easily find every major IP block China uses and block it from connecting to SH (if the IT guys knows his shit, and I have a feeling he does).
    The problem is that most Chinese use VPNs to get around the Great Firewall the Chinese govt has setup.
    So you have no idea what country they are posting this Chinese shit from.

Ya with me here ?

As long as membership is open this will continue and there's really not much you can do about it.
    Wang Chung gets paid probably the equivalent of 25 cents per post and that's decent money for a guy that was pushing a handcart only last year.

Still with me ?

Yea, I've done IT work for a short span.....it sucks.
    That's why it pays so well, and that's also why people get the fuck out of the trade as soon as they can manage it.

You can pretty easily find every major IP block China uses and block it from connecting to SH (if the IT guys knows his shit, and I have a feeling he does).
    The problem is that most Chinese use VPNs to get around the Great Firewall the Chinese govt has setup.
    So you have no idea what country they are posting this Chinese shit from.

Ya with me here ?

As long as membership is open this will continue and there's really not much you can do about it.
    Wang Chung gets paid probably the equivalent of 25 cents per post and that's decent money for a guy that was pushing a handcart only last year.

Still with me ?

Yea, I've done IT work for a short span.....it sucks.
    That's why it pays so well, and that's also why people get the fuck out of the trade as soon as they can manage it.
    I’ve been in the IT/Cybersecurity Sphere for 15 years at this point

They need to force 2fa for every member, they don’t right now.

They need to geoblock IPs.

There are ways to detect VPN Usage, and block that as well if that’s what it takes.

I’m not saying I have the answers, but considering the amount of scams that go on here it’s getting pretty bad.

Those posts are advertisements for schools that teach you how to spam.
    It appears they are pretty good at it. 😉🤪

I tried to track them down. Found a Chinese phone book. Problem with trying to track anyone down in China is that there’s so many Wings and Wongs that every time you try and wing a Wong you wing the wong number.

I know…. ^^^

201F1A36-3D6D-4846-9376-A505DBBBEDC6.jpeg

Sirhr

Last edited:
    Chinese dude is ok , he's just trying to offload some type 56 rifles by the crate. I asked him if he had any of those ARVN rifles left the ones that were never fired and only dropped once.

Reactions: brian1
    • Haha
    Reactions: sirhrmechanic
    Why haven't I noticed all these Chinese threads?
    I log in often and check "New Posts".
    Someone is hiding them from me.

OK, now I see them. New batch Thursday night.

Last edited: