• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's with all the zombie talk?

sjb269

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2010
Coyote Valley
After being away from all things relating to firearms for a few years, now that I am back into the shooting disciplines, I am hearing talk about Zombies, WTF are people talking about? And when did this start?

Re: What's with all the zombie talk?

Zombies: any person or persons bent on removing your life, or firearms, rights, money

Robots: any person or persons bent on removing your life, or firearms, rights, money / with body armor

? seems that most zombies get into politics and are surrounded by paid robots

Possibly from movies, I thought Zombieland was pretty good. Zombie movies arn't something I would normally watch.

maa32b.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zombies: any person or persons bent on removing your life, or firearms, rights, money

Robots: any person or persons bent on removing your life, or firearms, rights, money / with body armor

? seems that most zombies get into politics and are surrounded by paid robots

</div></div>

Theyre eVerywhere. Only one solution

HEAD SHOT.

tumblr_lirkyjJJWS1qhpezzo1_500.gif

it's funny cause people take it too literal, I notice that in some circles of the shooting community the term Zombie is kind of an all encompasing term. It can mean "the man", illegal aliens, bad guys, the boogie man, anyone who wishes to harm you, the wife, siblings, my dog, the apocolypse, end of days, armageddon or whatever.

I seriously dont think anyone really believes in zombies, its sortof a fun joke, its kinda like how Chuck Norris is so popular, no one REALLY believes he's badass, we all know he's a massive tool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its kinda like how Chuck Norris is so popular, no one REALLY believes he's badass, we all know he's a massive tool. </div></div>

I dare you to say that to his face...lol

Come on dude, don't hate on Chuck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's funny cause people take it too literal, I notice that in some circles of the shooting community the term Zombie is kind of an all encompasing term. It can mean "the man", illegal aliens, bad guys, the boogie man, anyone who wishes to harm you, the wife, siblings, my dog, the apocolypse, end of days, armageddon or whatever.

I seriously dont think anyone really believes in zombies, its sortof a fun joke, its kinda like how Chuck Norris is so popular, no one REALLY believes he's badass, we all know he's a massive tool. </div></div>

Leave Chuck out of this! LOL but I'm sure he could kick any zombies head right off.

there are even Zombie Yetis for Shank.

Zombie.gif

Zombies-13.jpg

So, a metaphor for whatever you want.... I think I get it now. Like... Diane Feinstien is a "Zombie".

Racial/geographical/socioeconomic/political subtexts aside, add the fact it would be just plain fun as hell. Worldwide moving target range, and all. BOOM! Head shot!
With the added benefit of being able to blast open the melon of someone you've always REALLY wanted to, without fear of legal repercussions and ramifications. "He got bit by a zombie! I had to pop him like a watermelon!"
I mean, at least that's what I read. Online. Somewhere. A long time ago.

It's an excuse to justify buying that new rifle you've been drooling over for months... haha VaJayJay said it best, it's just a joke, no one really thinks its going to happen, it's just fun to joke around about it. i.e. - I need a new tactical shotgun for when the zombies come! (even though I'm not a cop/military/pmc/operator of any sort and will never NEED a tactical shotgun for any reason other than to shoot random stuff at the range and have fun with it)

Really, really stupid question here. Just how much needs to be left of a dead human being for them to reanimate? In other words, how much shelf life are we talking here for the cold cuts? Ten years? Fifteen years? Much longer than that and we'd need something more than all of the ammo out of the Wal*Marts to deal with the issue.

I hate having fat guys with zombie hats holding ar's with NC star red dots and UTG rails 3 flashlights and a fake dbal tell me how beastly they are shooting .25 MOA offhand with their 5.45 upper that they bought because it's super accurate but is almost as cheap as 22lr. That pretty much summarizes my experience with zombies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's funny cause people take it too literal, I notice that in some circles of the shooting community the term Zombie is kind of an all encompasing term. It can mean "the man", illegal aliens, bad guys, the boogie man, anyone who wishes to harm you, the wife, siblings, my dog, the apocolypse, end of days, armageddon or whatever.

I seriously dont think anyone really believes in zombies, its sortof a fun joke, its kinda like how Chuck Norris is so popular, no one REALLY believes he's badass, we all know he's a massive tool. </div></div>

Chuck Norris heard you. be afraid ,be very afraid

By referencing "Zombies" it gives psychos the opportunity to "dehumanize" their targets and validate shooting massive numbers of people who disagree with them in the head.
Kind of like the Muslims and Nazis referring to Jews as subhumans and not worthy of respect to "normal" humans. a.nd radical communist Anarchists and Blacks referring to Police as "Pigs". They aren't "really people" so you can mow them down without consequence to God or Man's Laws.
Personally, i think killing people or animals should be a very deliberate decision not to be taken lightly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By referencing "Zombies" it gives psychos the opportunity to "dehumanize" their targets and validate shooting massive numbers of people who disagree with them in the head.
Kind of like the Muslims and Nazis referring to Jews as subhumans and not worthy of respect to "normal" humans. a.nd radical communist Anarchists and Blacks referring to Police as "Pigs". They aren't "really people" so you can mow them down without consequence to God or Man's Laws.
<span style="color: #FF0000"> Personally, i think killing people or animals should be a very deliberate decision not to be taken lightly.</span> </div></div>

100% agreement, but I do think there is a "silliness" element to be considered. I would never take a human or animal life without really good reason, but hey, the zombies are already dead, so why not pop a few and let the sillin3ss lighten the day. Its kind of like "Ricochet Kill" game.

But I understand your concern.

google youtube vid of the cranberries zombie. they gots some cool footage of them u.n. zombie troopers and sum fun stain glass immages as well as wondreful grafiti art.plus shes hot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
maa32b.jpg
</div></div>

ZombiePieChart.jpg

I said I would read this but I did.
UUUUGGGHHH!
reminds me of the sleepless night I had a while back due to gout and listened to coasttocoat am with Ian Punit?
WWZ all night long .
Jeez what a waste.
Almost sounded a little like radio broadcast of War of the Worlds...

Awesome because it is so true.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
maa32b.jpg
</div></div>

Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear rug in his living room. The bear isn't dead, just afraid to move.

Chuck Norris invented the C-section when he round house kicked his way out of his mother's womb.

Chuck Norris died years ago. Death is still getting up the courage to tell him.

Zombies...natures answer to OWS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zombies=Pop Culture </div></div>

I was in a class 3 store yesterday a guy was trying to sell a kid (22) a class 3 ar and all he kept saying was "this is a cool Zombie killer" after the 5-or 6th time he said it, the kid looked up and said "why the hell do you keep saying zombie? i told you i just want a regular ar-15, what the hell do you mean by zombie???" amd walked out. I chuckled old Wilson's in Fl are always trying to push their class 3's because the think its cool, nothing more hilarious going in their and letting them talk the "POP CULTURE" to the leo's

you cant get out of their with out them trying to push a silencer on you and a quite zombie killer