• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your 40 yard time?!

ChadTRG42

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2007
Dallas, Texas
www.dallasreloads.com
I ran the 40 for the first time this last weekend, and did it in 5.7 seconds. I know that's no too fast, but for 35 y/o, 5'11" and 265 lbs, I was happy with it. I ran it in 5.1 seconds in high school at 190 lbs. I'm pretty motivated now to see if I can improve this time. I can run distance, but sprinting has never been my cup of tea.

Re: What's your 40 yard time?!

When I was in the 9th grade I ran it in 4.7, now (12 years later) I would estimate it to be in the 4.9 range. I havent been timed since then.

Chad were you running to get the last box of cookies? LOL! Just kidding bud.

Depends on who's chasing me
wink.gif
But seriously, I was pretty fast for a white guy in high school and college. I ran the 100 and 200 (we were still doing yards not meters) I played hs football as a running back and db but I don't remember what my best 40yd time was, somewhere in the mid 4s but they were hand timed so I would take it with a grain of salt. This thread has me motivated to find out what I could do at 37, but I imagine I would just end up pulling a hammy. Speed is a fascinating topic whether it be cars, people, or bullets!

I was actually the fastest white boy in my high school... and if memory serves correctly, only 1 other student (that was offically clocked anyways) was faster. I played Baseball and Football, and ran some track until Jr year, and concentrated soley on Baseball.

Anyways, was 5'10" 170 Lbs, and was clocked as fast as 4.40 as a Jr.
Senior year, when I added on some weight, 178 Lbs, I was clocked a little bit slower, 4.49.

Now? Well, I am pushing 40 years old, and haven't sprinted in forever and a day...so probaly mid to upper 5's???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chad were you running to get the last box of cookies? LOL! Just kidding bud. </div></div>

LOL! No, they had a 30 foot long buffet at the finish line!

i have honestly never checked...even in highschool when we did it i never even asked for the time...i do 100 yard sprints now...but dont time them

bench

I did a little running with Laron Landry a couple weeks ago and i asked what he though we were running and he estimated around 5 sec maybe a little better , he is recovering an injury so he wasent pushing realy hard. I'd like to see what it is now , my all time best was 4.97 , that was 12 years and 45lbs ago , im stronger and lighter now so i would assume its a better.

I was always in the 4.9 to 5.1 range back in HS, don't have a clue what I'd be today but it wouldn't be pretty! Back then I was more of a distance runner and put in 40-50 miles a week when not playing football, but fast wasn't on the resume.

I used to run 4.6-4.7 back in my High School days.