• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what's your best 223 subsonic load

riley5001

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2008
Ms.
Just wondering what your best subsonic loads were. lets see them. Give load data also.

Re: what's your best 223 subsonic load

This is what I use.
Subbx.jpg

Shooting a Sierra 65gr Game King with 4.6gr of trail boss is very quiet and very accurate out to 100. I had 12MOA of drop from my normal load at 100. I havnt shot it over a chrony yet but they loads got louder around 4.9gr of trail boss so I know I am close to the limit. These were shot from my 16" Kreiger Recce. These did not keyhole. The paper tore up but there are 5 shots in here.
Load data:
65gr Sierra Game King
4.6gr of Trail Boss
Wolf primer

MobilePhotoNov32009153228.jpg

My partner and I are using the Trailboss with 69 sierras bthp and having good luck with em. I don't remember the chrono data from here, but they held accurate and were stable.

the twist rate on your barrel will have to decide what size of bullets you can stabilize . if you have a fast twist you will be able to use the 75 - 69 grainers . i have some experience with loads using trail boss . if you want details pm me . HOWEVER BE VERY CAREFUL , HOWEVER , I HAVE HAD BULLETS GET STUCK IN THE BARREL , SO TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTION . GOOD SHOOTING