• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's Your Favorite Handloading / Wildcatting Book?

Rockdoc173

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2014
    Florida
    I'm looking for quality reference material for wildcatting cartridges. So, what's your favorite advanced handloading and wildcatting book?

I don't have any wildcat books, but Ken Waters made a couple of them. Pretty old stuff and not really appropriate for today's newer and higher pressure cartridges.
    I do have a couple of books that might interest you though.

Thursday is range day for me, so let me know

6mmbr.com has a number of wildcats but you're probably going to have to look them up one-by-one on the internet.

1679541232490.png
    1679541266402.png

Reactions: Enigmo
    Pet Loads by Ken Waters is a great reference IMHO as are the PO Ackley books. Yes both are dated as we now have new powders and bullets are getting heavier.
    For making brass, look at The Handloaders Manual for Cartridge Conversions by John J Donnelly. Again dated but informative.
    One sometimes discovers "wow, its been done before."

I also forgot to mention... if you are also interested in sub calibers like 17 and 20, the books by Todd Kindler are a good reference.
    He calls one The Terrific Twenties and the other is called The Sensational Seventeens.
    He put his shop (The Woodchuck Den) up for sale to retire a couple of years ago, they take a little effort to find.
    They were last printed in 2015, so there are some out there.
    http://www.woodchuckden.com/