• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your magazine type preference and why?

brc54

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2023
Springfield
Thought this might be an interesting topic of conversation. I'm curious which brands you think have the best magazine and why. Obviously most will fall into the rotary or the self indexing. Let me know you preferences and why.

For me - my overall preference for airguns and pellets is the rotary magazine. I have several airguns that function off this model - Leshiy 2, Cricket 2 Tactical, Ataman AP16 pistol, Cricket Mini Carbine, Brocock S6 pistol, Evanix AR6 pistol. For me the rotary magazine has major benefits shooting pellets:

• It's very easy to load. Simply hold over the tin and dump pellets into the slots.
  • There is no deformation to the pellets as each pellet is held in its own slot with a gentle o-ring.

The downside for rotary magazines is that they are horrible for slugs. No way to really hold them in place - except for the Leshiy 2 due to design.

Self-indexing magazines are generally pretty much the same thing across many brands in many varieties. The biggest issue with them, for me, is pellet skirt deformation. A perfect example is my AGT Uragan Compact .177. The last 3-4 pellets in every 15 round magazine shoot much worse than the first 11-12. Being the first loaded and the last shot I feel they incur extra pressure and stresses that the first rounds shot do not. Now if you are shooting slugs then self indexing magazines and the cats meow - I think the AGT magazines are very good quality there. Also the new Daystate flip opens, the AAA Evol magazines. Not a big fan of the FX mags - but being a lefty shooter gives me a bias.

What's your take on this? What's your favorite self-indexing mag?

I'd change your title to Preferred Aur Gun mags...

I use FX because I own an FX

None.

Anything beyond a break barrel .177 and I'm reaching for a gun that uses gunpowder....