• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your perfect setup - User Submitted

EdwardArmsCo

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Hey guys,

Edward Arms Company here. We are developing a couple of new rifles for the 2015 year and we would like to ask you , the readers, a personal question. Without branding like Noveske KX3 etc... We want to know what your ideal rifle setup would consist of. Simply put, were looking to let you guys design a couple of new configurations for us.

For example:
18" barrel mid length gas
15" smooth rail
piston or gas
ambi safety of single side
Trigger (It's ok to advertise a brand here)
Carbine or A2 style Buffer
Billet for Forged Receivers
Caliber
Muzzle Treatments
Bolt Carrier Group Type : M16 / Ar15 etc..
Charging Handle (Again, ok for brand specific here)
Stock Type (Brand ok here)

etc....

18" barrel mid length gas Yes, or 16in Middie. Match grade and Wylde chambered. pinned low pro gas block?
15" smooth rail Or keymod from any one of the popular choices. Or something like the Troy tubes. Very personal choice here. Maybe offer options?
piston or gas gas.
ambi safety of single side Ambi all the way, I much prefer to re-engage the safety with my trigger finger, less messing with the grip.
Trigger (It's ok to advertise a brand here) another personal choice, I'd be ok with a tuned mil-spec.
Carbine or A2 style Buffer Carbine
Billet for Forged Receivers I'm not sure it matters except for looks, I like forged.
Caliber 5.56
Muzzle Treatments Crown and thread and add an A2, or have an option. most people like one over another for whatever reason
Bolt Carrier Group Type : M16 / Ar15 etc.. M16
Charging Handle (Again, ok for brand specific here) VLTOR/ Raptor would be nice right off the bat.
Stock Type (Brand ok here)[/U][/B] I like VLTOR and LMT/B5. pretty user dependant.

I dont know how profitable it would be to make a rifle like I just described, most people will mod an AR until it fits their needs and budget. I'm not sure what the price point would be for a factory gun in that configuration would be, but I suspect it wont be cheap.

Any target use, purpose or mission you have in mind for the design(s)? CQB, long range, 3-gun, duty, varmint hunting, cool look etc etc etc - there are hundreds of configurations for these things depending on the intended use.

Any target use, purpose or mission you have in mind for the design(s)? CQB, long range, 3-gun, duty, varmint hunting, cool look etc etc etc - there are hundreds of configurations for these things depending on the intended use.

^what he said, ARs are so versatile it's hard to have any one perfect set up

18" barrel mid length gas -- 18" Rifle length Gas
15" smooth rail -- 14"+ Note: If you are going with an 18' Mid length Gas, you don't need a 15" rail
piston or gas -- DI
ambi safety of single side -- Single
Trigger (It's ok to advertise a brand here) -- Geissele SSA-E
Carbine or A2 style Buffer -- Vltor A5
Billet for Forged Receivers -- ok
Caliber -- 5.56
Muzzle Treatments -- just threaded with just a muzzle protector, let buyer choose his own
Bolt Carrier Group Type : M16 / Ar15 etc.. -- M16
Charging Handle -- Rainier Arms Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle
Stock -- Vltor EMod

18 inch pencil match barrel threaded for accessories , mid length gas sys, clamp on low pro gas block, skinny modular hand guard,
Geissele trigger, ace ultra light fixed stock, billet upper and lower, multiple calibers.
6.8 spc 6.5 Grendel 556 300 blkout