• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats your poison

GhostRider45b

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2009
Arizona
What is your rifle of Choice?

I know many will say bolt gun, but I am very fond of the M14/M1A and wondered if others that were like wise

Re: Whats your poison

Stalker,

Are you conducting a survey? But to answer your question, a rifle is a tool. The key to success is using the right tool for the job. Some jobs a semi-auto works best, others a bolt, or a lever, or a single shot if you want to be sporting. Other jobs require a shotgun, or handgun maybe.

I favor whatever firearm that will do the job intended best.

I'm a big fan of the .499LWR with a Counter Sniper scope...

very, very high speed

My go to gun for what? LR , hunting , survival , dooms day ?

If i had to bug out and could only take one rifle it would be my 10.5" AR , its was with me before during and after hurricane Katrina

Night Stalker,

This thread is not going to go where you thought it would, but it will be very entertaining. Sit back and enjoy.

I posed this question to a Delta buddy of mine a few years ago. He said, "Whichever one I need for the mission." He followed up by saying, "If I had to choose one weapon, it would be a radio."

In a bug out situation I'll most likely bring my P22 and my ruger 10/22. The reason behind choosing these guns is the fact I can carry alot of the same ammo for both, they both are small, and the 22lr round is accurate and deadly in its own form. Because when it is SHTF, you won't be firing and drawing unwanted attention to yourself. You'll be looking for a way to move to get away from populated areas. In stead of engaging your enemy with firearms, you should be setting traps and other things to slow the enemy down or take them out. When you're in a bug out/survival situation, you want to live through what is going on, not become a casualty of it.

My go to hunting rifle is a 308 bolt gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Night Stalker,

This thread is not going to go where you thought it would, but it will be very entertaining. Sit back and enjoy. </div></div>

I just wanted to see where it would go. Sure thought everyones favorite would be a Rem.700 bolt gun.

Again depends on what you are using it for......hunting, survival, etc.
If you are talking about which bolt action platform.....my fav is the Savage.

Pop

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a big fan of the .499LWR with a Counter Sniper scope...

very, very high speed </div></div>

Dave,

Have you gone native on me, buddy? Have you been battling PP so long that you've been infected with bullshit? If you start spouting nonsense in a profane manner, I will have to run a wooden stake through your heart before the next full moon.......or however you kill a troll.

Stalker,

Although i'm not big on Col. Cooper's Steyr scout rifle specifically, I believe that there's not much that can't be resolved by a handy little .308 bolt gun and 4x scope.

I'm kinda curious to hear everyone's choice of weapons on this SHTF "dooms day" senario now that people are talking about it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night_Stalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is your rifle of Choice?

I know many will say bolt gun, but I am very fond of the M14/M1A and wondered if others that were like wise </div></div>

How much time do you have?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stalker,

Are you conducting a survey? But to answer your question, a rifle is a tool. The key to success is using the right tool for the job. Some jobs a semi-auto works best, others a bolt, or a lever, or a single shot if you want to be sporting. Other jobs require a shotgun, or handgun maybe.

I favor whatever firearm that will do the job intended best.

</div></div>

Agreed. I like "options".......(I have OPTIONS)

SHTF ... my AR ... why?

1. I have multipule optic options that all change within seconds.

2. Iron sights that work to 300 plus yards easy

3. I have night vision option that will mount on it

4. I have the most rounds/magazines on hand for that weapon system (and always will)

5. Have carried this weapon system in combat and trust it.

Depends on the scenario, which seems to be the SHTF day...I'll go with the Rem 700 in .308 I usually prefer bolt guns but I'd definantly take it over a semi-auto in this scenario. Rem 700 specifically because they have been around forever and parts are more than abundant, should you need something. Given the military has used them in some variation or another for decades, all the better. Also; simplicity of a bolt leaves little chance of malfunction in harsh envornments and neglect. I pick .308 because it's a NATO round and should be pretty easy to come across in tough times.

Next

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoomStix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm kinda curious to hear everyone's choice of weapons on this SHTF "dooms day" senario now that people are talking about it... </div></div>

notagain.jpg

Well if for some reason I can't take the hello kitty AR then I'll take this I guess.
16inch-howitzer.gif

Rem. 700 or Badger M2008 .308, 20" MTU barrrel, USO 1.8-10x37mm T-PAL, custom Titainium stock with a QD suppresor

9mm pistol, probaly a Glock 17 with a QD suppresor

.22lr. pistol with a QD suppresor

This is my SHTF set-up when I can afford it.

My current setup is:

Rem. 700 .308, 26" barrel

S&W .38 S&W Special

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a big fan of the .499LWR with a Counter Sniper scope...

Dave,

Have you gone native on me, buddy? Have you been battling PP so long that you've been infected with bullshit? If you start spouting nonsense in a profane manner, I will have to run a wooden stake through your heart before the next full moon.......or however you kill a troll.</div></div>

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We both know there is only one way to kill a troll...

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-size: 23pt">WITH THE TRUTH </span></span>

by the way, I call this color "Piston Pete Blue"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rem. 700 or Badger M2008 .308, 20" MTU barrrel, USO 1.8-10x37mm T-PAL, custom Titainium stock with a QD suppresor

9mm pistol, probaly a Glock 17 with a QD suppresor

.22lr. pistol with a QD suppresor

This is my SHTF set-up when I can afford it.

My current setup is:

Rem. 700 .308, 26" barrel

S&W .38 S&W Special </div></div>

Adam <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Welch</span> Walsh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Adam <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Welch</span> Walsh? </div></div>

laugh.gif
LOL!

Pretty sure that if the shit does hit the fan, the Glock I carry everyday is going to get a workout.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a big fan of the .499LWR with a Counter Sniper scope...

Dave,

Have you gone native on me, buddy? Have you been battling PP so long that you've been infected with bullshit? If you start spouting nonsense in a profane manner, I will have to run a wooden stake through your heart before the next full moon.......or however you kill a troll.</div></div>

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We both know there is only one way to kill a troll...

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-size: 23pt">WITH THE TRUTH </span></span>

by the way, I call this color "Piston Pete Blue" </div></div>

Too funny. Either the truth, or having Shankster find you on other forums.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a big fan of the .499LWR with a Counter Sniper scope...

very smart man !! do you also advocate using a bi-pod ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALMAORFE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The ultimate SHTF gun

This is what should be everyones go to rifle. I'm sure it's just politics keeping it from being adopted by every military in the world. </div></div>

i clicked on your link and found this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Nevermind the fact that full-auto firearms have been illegal in this country since 1934.</span></div></div>

a total falsehood, F.A. weapons have never been made "ILLEGAL".., just made more difficult to own, which in my opinion is counter to the second amendment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DaveV said:
I'm a big fan of the .499LWR with a Counter Sniper scope...

by the way, I call this color "Piston Pete Blue" </div></div>

most of you wouldn't know the truth if it smacked you on your ass
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Too funny. Either the truth, or having Shankster find you on other forums. </div></div>

My everyday all things rifle, hunting, range, comp is my savage 10 fcp. its a bear to lug around but it keeps me in shape and most importantly I know it inside and out. if ahbl I'd probably just cut 10" off the barrel and switch out to the choate folding stock.

Although in that type situation I may just cut 10" of my 880sq and hip the p22.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALMAORFE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The ultimate SHTF gun

This is what should be everyones go to rifle. I'm sure it's just politics keeping it from being adopted by every military in the world. </div></div>

i clicked on your link and found this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Nevermind the fact that full-auto firearms have been illegal in this country since 1934.</span></div></div>

a total falsehood, F.A. weapons have never been made "ILLEGAL".., just made more difficult to own, which in my opinion is counter to the second amendment. </div></div>

Yes as Texagator said I linked only for the pic of the Ultimate TEOTWAKI hello kitty SWS. I never read what was on the page.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Adam <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Welch</span> Walsh? </div></div>

laugh.gif
LOL! </div></div>

Who's Adam Walsh?

I don't get it? Can you inform me on the subject?

Cheers!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Adam <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Welch</span> Walsh? </div></div>

laugh.gif
LOL! </div></div>

Who's Adam Walsh?

I don't get it? Can you inform me on the subject?

Cheers!! </div></div>

Just an inside joke. Has nothing to do with you. You just had a name that fit a moment.
grin.gif

Adam Welch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nobody is asking for your home address or even your real name. If you've really got the knowledge, skills and abilities that you claim, you shouldn't mind posting this information. You've talked too much shit on this forum not post it. How about we get some real truth out on the table?</div></div>

if i did post it you wouldn't believe it, so i am not wasting my time, i will say this, most of my matches i shot in were back when most of you were still shitting yellow and crying for your tit or bottle of formula, my "formal" shoots were between 1958ad thru 1961ad, and some informal "matches" with friends, i was issued an accurized M1 Garand for the base rifle and pistol team, when stationed at USNAS Miramar, when i retired in 1977ad it broke my heart to have to turn in that rifle.

have a great day my friend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">most of my matches i shot in were back when most of you were still shitting yellow and crying for your tit or bottle of formula</div></div>

Hell, I still shit yellow at times...usually after I have had a bottle of my formula (single malt scotch). And as for the crying for tit...hell yeah, every day!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALMAORFE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well if for some reason I can't take the hello kitty AR then I'll take this I guess.
16inch-howitzer.gif
</div></div>

I wouldn't mind having that mounted to the back of a ford ranger, or like a 1989 toyota tacoma.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoomStix</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALMAORFE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well if for some reason I can't take the hello kitty AR then I'll take this I guess.
16inch-howitzer.gif
</div></div>

I wouldn't mind having that mounted to the back of a ford ranger, or like a 1989 toyota tacoma. </div></div>

I've thought about this for a while and concluded that it just wouldn't be practical because the muzzle would certainly hit the top of my cab if I need to dial down for a point blank shot at the thundering herd. Too bad
frown.gif

I think you would have to have a tractor trailer to haul that cannon.
I would go with my ar and Ak, My 5r for long range. Shotgun for short. By the time I figured out which weapon I wanted to use I would most likely be shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jeez Dave, load that bad boy backwards in the truck bed. Muzzel to the tail gate. </div></div>

Crap! Why didn't I think of that?!

Well, I sold my Chevy LUV so I really don't have the right equipment anyway...just a big gun poser
blush.gif

You defiantly have to modify a small pickup to get it to fit and function, I mounted mine to the roll bar on my jeep and has worked flawlessly. I got full 360&#730; rotation. I use it to shoot my coyote carcasses into the sun.

It's nice just to have a rifle choice. The rifle of choice for many here is the one they have ben issued. That, or the one that's with them or available for the task.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texagator</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if i did post it you wouldn't believe it, so i am not wasting my time,</div></div>

You haven't minded wasting all of our time with your troll-like behavior so why would you care about wasting 5 more minutes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i will say this, most of my matches i shot in were back when most of you were still shitting yellow and crying for your tit or bottle of formula</div></div>

That's irrelevant. It doesn't mean that you possess any more skill or experience than anyone else. <span style="font-weight: bold">[<span style="color: #3333FF">no shit !! i just got my training much sooner than you did.., that is if you ever got any</span>]</span> If anything, it means that your knowledge, skills, and abilities are outdated<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #3333FF">[you just now figger that out ?</span>]</span> and untested.<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #CC0000">[don't be too sure about that, what i learned from my American Indian friends is still valid in these times.., scalping is an art, just ask any Muslime what it means to have his scalp lifted.]</span></span> Pete, this is for you. </div></div>

as far as "this is for you", what may it be ??

There are few times that an LOL actually means I really made an audible, laughing sound that others can hear. This post, Pete, rose to that level of response. Thank you for cheering up a sleepy Sunday.

By the way, I've only scalped Mus-lemons for drinking Hef. I assume that you are more of a Corona guy, yeah?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night_Stalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is your rifle of Choice?

I know many will say bolt gun, but I am very fond of the M14/M1A and wondered if others that were like wise </div></div>

You guys kinda jumped the gun(no pun intended forgive me) on this thread imo. It seems like the OP was just asking what your favorite rifle is. If you need a bunch of variables answered then maybe you dont have a favorite.

My favorite rifle is an LRB m25 receiver m14 clone built by Jon Wolfe. It is all either USGI or SEI (who is making GI parts currently) with a beater wooden stock(big red birch), that ill be replacing with a Sage m4 style when I can afford. I havnt even fired it yet as its waay too cold for me, but it is easily my favorite for no reason whatsoever other than I wanted one for awhile, and that it was built by someone who is developing a big name for himself as a custom m14 builder. I cant wait to take it out and add to his growing reputation.

For now I pass the time just sniffing on the old oiled wood. I love the smell of old wood(boy is that in invitation to get clobbered) and spent powder.

For anyone in the market for one, I suggest this guy, as I have never dealt with a more gentlemanly fellow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
moab_030311-d-9085m-007.jpg
</div></div>

I like where your heads at
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALMAORFE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
moab_030311-d-9085m-007.jpg
</div></div>

I like where your heads at
grin.gif
</div></div>

I wonder if LoneWolf could sew up some JDAM ammo burritos?

"an official Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock."
and yes I would probably shoot my eye out.

mk12 mod0 (official answer)
CC

<span style="color: #3333FF">What is your rifle of Choice? [</span>/quote]

an AR-15 type rifle/carbine, i have 3 of them that are my favorites, #1. MOD 1 by Leitner-Wise Defense, #2. Special Forces ODA, by LWRC #3. M6 A2 by LWRCI