• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats your rangefinder of choice?

xhairs88

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2013
Ohio
I just got a Leupold RX1000i dna and so far it blows away any of the cheaper ones I have used in the past.
I realize that there are extremely nice and extremely accurate systems available but most of those are way beyond my personal budget.
This is the most I ever spent on a rangefinder and it seems to be keeping pace with the adage of you get what you pay for....
What are you using?

I have the Leica Geovids 10x. Not the new ones...I wish.

Terrapin. I really like it, but, it's the only range finder I have ever owned.

I'm digging my Zeiss Victory PRF...picked it up off of promotive for $487...it's all I need for now..

[h=2][/h]

What do you guys reccomend for a 400 dollar RF? Or am I just wasting my money at that price point? 600 yards for fur 1000 for steel.

The Bushnell Elite 1600 ARC will do 1000 on steel free hand. I've ranged out to 1400 with it, haven't had cause to go farther.

Played with a Terrapin and they are very nice, but inside 1k its hard to beat bushy at a 450 price point

The Bushnell Elite 1600 ARC will do 1000 on steel free hand. I've ranged out to 1400 with it, haven't had cause to go farther.

Played with a Terrapin and they are very nice, but inside 1k its hard to beat bushy at a 450 price point

Agreed.

I used to have the Bushnell, now I have a Terrapin. I've owned Leica's over the years, but the Bushnells smoked them for less money. I ranged a palm tree at Rifles Only at 1600+ yards.

Ive been using the Vortex RF, its worked fine for me so far. Ive ranged to 992yds on round bail and 425yds on a groundhog.

I know there is better but for what i need, hunting, it works perfectly.

If you are going to spend time past 1K yards then a Terrapin is a no brainier. Inside 1K then a Bushnell 1600 ARC or the binoculars are a good choice. Jury is still out on the new 1 Mile binoculars but they may end up being pretty decent past 1K.

Plrf10 with swarovksi doubler mounted to it. But now I have Vector IV's on way :) so the plrf10 has to go

Started with an Elite 1500, good bang for the buck...now Terrapin: quite a leap forward.

Have a Zeiss bino RF, but wasn't accurate enough for me pass 800yds. So, I got a Terrapin and it was the best investment I ever made.