• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your take on some T&E's to be submitted on the hide? (Chasis, Optics, Brakes,etc.)

groundhogbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2012
Western NC
I was just thinking about doing some Test and Evaluations on some equipment, that a lot of people on here might be interested in. For 4 years I worked for a Magazine Co. doing T&E's, as well as writing articles on getting started in reloading, flyfishing equipment etc. I found it helped many people in many different ways, and was thinking about getting back with my work mates and doing some on here. We worked with lots of different Co's during that 4 years, and giving non biased info on various products. LMK what you all think, and I'll see what we can put together.

Me and a work partner, who was a Scout Sniper for the Marine Corp a few years ago, did an evaluation on the 6.8spc. We tested Barrett REC7, Wilson Combat, Noveske, RRA, and Daniel Defense, for more than a month, on "accuracy" alone, and the $1800 upper from Barrett lost to all at the 500yd line, and Wilson Combat came out on top. Now we want to get some Co's that deserve a little closer look, and that spending the most $, is not completely the truth that your gonna get the best. We have also had Co's that to be un-named offered money to come out on top. Sometimes the lil guy deserves a closer look, as our last Evaluation on Muzzle Brakes showed on HS camera that Precision Armament, was a better Brake as far as recoil and muzzle flip that some $200+ Brakes. I am getting some very experienced people to work on looking at some products, that will answer the question "What's the best Brake for a 308?" I know I'd like to see some more T&E's on some products, as it would make my mind more at ease when buying a product.