• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Was peepin on a black squirrel yesterday. Odd little bassterd
BEB30212-7F8E-486F-8E84-3D26C8416642.jpeg
C19AF482-3C67-4E02-9E80-B77B5A67E99A.jpeg

There goes the neighborhood !! 🥴

We have quite a few black fronted pecan stealing rat looking rodents at my AO. 😳
Been picking a few off with my .117 cal air rifle.🇺🇸
Iffin he gets close enough, I’ll have it to stuff and sit next to the bobcat. He was about 290 yards away from me with that picture

Reactions: Sandhog308
Iffin he gets close enough, I’ll have it to stuff and sit next to the bobcat. He was about 290 yards away from me with that picture
Got a friend that lives on the Buffalo River. He owns 5 acres that had an Armadillo invasion few years ago. He bitched about them constantly screwing his ground up.
Borrowed some old school night vision nods and I declared war on them.…hard at it for a few days. Rode up to show off my kill (12) and he jumped my ass for shooting them 🫤. WTF ??
Walked in his cabin and saw two stuffed bob cats above the fireplace on the mantel that HE had shot.
Soooo it was OK for him to shoot 2 cats a mile off his land , but I get my ass ate out for eradicating his Dillos on his land 🧐
My turn to chew his ass out . Then I got all his friends
to rag him constantly for a few weeks 😅
Not saying I wouldn’t have shot one if I had that option. My handle became Dillo One on the all Coms , still use it 👍 He will always be known as Cat Killer Slim up there.
Pisses him off bad when people call him that 😅

Got a friend that lives on the Buffalo River. He owns 5 acres that had an Armadillo invasion few years ago. He bitched about them constantly screwing his ground up.
Borrowed some old school night vision nods and I declared war on them.…hard at it for a few days. Rode up to show off my kill (12) and he jumped my ass for shooting them 🫤. WTF ??
Walked in his cabin and saw two stuffed bob cats above the fireplace on the mantel that HE had shot.
Soooo it was OK for him to shoot 2 cats a mile off his land , but I get my ass ate out for eradicating his Dillos on his land 🧐
My turn to chew his ass out . Then I got all his friends
to rag him constantly for a few weeks 😅
Not saying I wouldn’t have shot one if I had that option. My handle became Dillo One on the all Coms , still use it 👍 He will always be known as Cat Killer Slim up there.
Pisses him off bad when people call him that 😅
spent some time riding down the boofalo. Pretty river, this pick we put in at the dam and rode down a few hours
DDC27252-89AE-4701-A431-71620695C3B9.jpeg

spent some time riding down the boofalo. Pretty river, this pick we put in at the dam and rode down a few hours View attachment 8364351
If you ever head this way , I know people that know the people 😎
Jasper is unique . My friend lives at the confluence of the Buffalo and the Little Buffalo. Some times the high water covers low water bridges. If you don’t time it right.
3 options when you go visit your only neighbor.
1. Have a 4X4 , drive down and cross the bank up to the cabin , probably eat & drink. going to backtrack home. Best option
2. See if the swinging bridge is swinging , Dress right , get across , party , hit the swing bridge over fast water at night drinking moonshine 🤨 what could go wrong there eh ?

And 3. Depending on water levels ….if you drive to each other’s Cabin there’s two ways , one has to drive about 25 miles and takes a hour to get to the house approx 30 yds away. other route is longer. You can wave and holler to people across the River when you arrive…BUT no easy way to visit If things get squirrley ?
Mom Nature scores !!
If it wasn’t for poisonous snakes , chiggers , ticks , stingers of all sorts , tornados , meth heads etc… I’d think it was Heaven. 🙂 One of the most beautiful places that I’ve ever been , plan on staying close 🇺🇸

If you ever head this way , I know people that know the people 😎
Jasper is unique . My friend lives at the confluence of the Buffalo and the Little Buffalo. Some times the high water covers low water bridges. If you don’t time it right.
3 options when you go visit your only neighbor.
1. Have a 4X4 , drive down and cross the bank up to the cabin , probably eat & drink. going to backtrack home. Best option
2. See if the swinging bridge is swinging , Dress right , get across , party , hit the swing bridge over fast water at night drinking moonshine 🤨 what could go wrong there eh ?

And 3. Depending on water levels ….if you drive to each other’s Cabin there’s two ways , one has to drive about 25 miles and takes a hour to get to the house approx 30 yds away. other route is longer. You can wave and holler to people across the River when you arrive…BUT no easy way to visit If things get squirrley ?
Mom Nature scores !!
If it wasn’t for poisonous snakes , chiggers , ticks , stingers of all sorts , tornados , meth heads etc… I’d think it was Heaven. 🙂 One of the most beautiful places that I’ve ever been , plan on staying close 🇺🇸
Same here, I miss it a lot of days. Grew up there and still visit once or twice a year so mom can slap me back in line. Sometimes we get out and ride the Bajas and SxS around the Dover area. Every once in a blue moon, there is a small convoy of bugs and rails runnin down the road. Spent more than my fair share creek hopping and getting lost finding my way.
CC60D663-3FF0-46F9-B7B1-668E0FD03D72.jpeg
143EC124-E607-4B33-BEE9-54D1EA596BD5.jpeg

Same here, I miss it a lot of days. Grew up there and still visit once or twice a year so mom can slap me back in line. Sometimes we get out and ride the Bajas and SxS around the Dover area. Every once in a blue moon, there is a small convoy of bugs and rails runnin down the road. Spent more than my fair share creek hopping and getting lost finding my way. View attachment 8364471View attachment 8364470
That’s beautiful ! 👍
Older I get , the more solitude i want ! Nothing like being a hermit or antisocial bum , just NEED peace and quiet. Always been that way , too old to change.
Ever get close to Yell County holler ! Lots of bikes on Mt Nebo today , thought it was Sunday .
🇺🇸

I don't see any steel on that little square of white over yonder.

I know. Only reason ehy is I don't have a rangefinder to range it. I can get up there, but I'm not certain shooting over roads n homes is gonna be ok with muh neighbors. 😆

GPS took a dump and got to do some good ole land nav using a compass and old out dated map, wet topo map through a wall of rhodo and laurel. Rhodo wall was about 500 feet then a 5 mile round trip to and from plot. Lots of bushwacking since new skid roads/ 4 wheeler trails had been put in. Was pretty at least. Red Spruce sucks to walk through but is nice to look at.

430550808_10169187822230427_8144314649929963372_n.jpg

1709693283764.png

1709693315493.png

I can send you Mike's Vortex 1k, but Ima thinkin it might be a tad further than that.

If you know anyone that can use it, shoot me a text. He wanted it to go to someone that will use it.

Appreciate it Mr. Casselton, but yes, it's WELL over 1000 yds. It's closer to 2000. I can get to 1400 with my Zeiss well below it. Have always wanted to just sit in the backyard and send'm over there. If I could just figure out how to get a 20ft container over there for a target. :ROFLMAO:

The weather service has predicted 2-3 days of snowballs headed our way, thought it to be a good idea to get some rounds down range before it's white and wet.
20240323_163948.jpg

Very good conditions, 4.30 wind at 4mph. 525 to the kochi stalk.
20240323_163858.jpg

As of posting, 1" of new snow. March in Upper Dakota.

Concrete connecting the driveway to the new garage finally going in. Heck yeah!

IMG_3666-4K.jpg

Gettin’ close now.

edit: a couple post-pour pics (say that 3 time fast, LoL)

IMG_3671-4K.jpg

IMG_3672-4K.jpg

…and yes, I noticed the spilled paint on the rock, the missed spots on the stucco, and not the
Least of it, the friggin’ paint brush left on the edge of the garage roof 16”+ off the ground!

All on the punch list… LoL

Last edited:
I get excited over weird shit… I love well made tools…New tool day. Forestry suppliers is making a sweet jacobs staff with a diameter and height side. Nice aluminum shaft… huh huh huh I said shaft…

IMG_4712.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4713.jpeg
    IMG_4713.jpeg
    446.7 KB · Views: 20
Staying at the Pennywell Hotel in St. Louis, MO.

It started life as a bank, initially constructed in 1888.

The vault doors are still here and are an amazing work of art. The amount of time and craftsmanship is unreal.

The jeweling on every internal component is something you’ll likely never see in a modern vault door.

The hanger/hinge piece is two inches thick!

And to think, this door was hauled from New York City. I’m guessing it was disassembled for shipping.
IMG_2353.jpeg
IMG_2357.jpeg
IMG_2358.jpeg
IMG_2355.jpeg
IMG_2354.jpeg
IMG_2352.jpeg

It begins… Well, the beginning of the beginning anyway. Still have to clean up and get the concrete floor epoxied, etc. But we needed to get some crap out of storage by Wednesday, so moved the first rack over today:

IMG_3676-4K.jpg

…a bunch of half shelves will line the perimeter of the garage loft storage area, but we plan to fill this taller shelf, and maybe one more, with lighter stuff like Christmas decorations, seasonal pillows, etc. down the middle. The floor is structural, and reinforced to be a true second floor structure, but I don’t like overloading any structure.

IMG_3677-4K.jpg

Everything must go into totes, and fit onto these shelving units…if it doesn’t fit, we’re getting rid of it!

IMG_3678-4K.jpg

Debating whether or not I’ll anchor the racks to the plywood subfloor (well, the floor in this case I suppose), I always anchor them, especially the ones anchored to the concrete in my other garage loaded down with heavier stuff, but we’ll likely move these around a bit as we get rid of crap to streamline our lives as we roll into our second, and hopefully final retirement!

We’ll see.

Last edited:
Rained off and on all day here…. And I finished well outside the trophy times for today’s autocross…happy to be out regardless.

i-5ZjxCkq-X4.jpg

…but got to pass a milestone for our garage build! Floor’s hardened enough to park on now, so the track toy got put away wet and dirty in its new home!

i-MqW56zC-X4.jpg

Put the golf cart in there too to free up more room in the main garage as we clear out the last storeroom. Thank God!

i-p8x5sKx-X4.jpg

Ideally the golf cart will go under the P car/under the lift, but this build has gone so far over budget, I’m pretty sure we’ll need to sell the golf cart to pay for the lift. LoL

#1stworldproblems

IMG_5706.jpeg
Sorry for shit picture it’s the only one I have.
This evening I hopped in the Kubota to move a down tree in an area I want to run the brush cutter . Well in less than 5 minutes I about killed myself .
First it’s not mine so I have been running it with kid’s gloves all winter working on my land . When I use the bucket to push I go slow. Well… I guess I didn’t go slow enough. I went from a log in the bucket to another log through the windshield and pushed into my chest. I have no idea where it came from. Need a new windshield and new underwear.

Go back with glass or ???

View attachment 8403542
Sorry for shit picture it’s the only one I have.
This evening I hopped in the Kubota to move a down tree in an area I want to run the brush cutter . Well in less than 5 minutes I about killed myself .
First it’s not mine so I have been running it with kid’s gloves all winter working on my land . When I use the bucket to push I go slow. Well… I guess I didn’t go slow enough. I went from a log in the bucket to another log through the windshield and pushed into my chest. I have no idea where it came from. Need a new windshield and new underwear.

Go back with glass or ???
Go back to glass, you can’t see out of poly after a year. Evidently your first windshield on you. It gets beater, glad you’re safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtrmn