• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One-Eyed Jack

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2004
Minden, NV
Not my hunt, but whatta hog!

BigHog1.jpg

BigHog3.jpg

BigHog2.jpg

Re: Whatta a Hog

While it's a good european boar, the way the pictures were set up and taken, it appears waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than it actually is. Chuck Adams would be proud.
wink.gif

This one keeps popping up like tires in a land fill.
shocked.gif

Ya mean the guys are from the Little People's Convention?

Here's the description that came with the pix, "Over 1,800 lb. wild boar shot and killed in Conroe, Texas near the County Airport, East of I-45 and near the community of Cut and Shoot."

At least no one is claiming they saddled and rode it to death.

That's the first I have heard of it being from here in Texas
crazy.gif

It took me a few minutes but try clicking on the "stalking" picture link.

They even take the time to put some salad under the jaw when propping the head up, those crazy Turkish dudes.

Little peeple big swine lol

That explains why three of the guys in the picture look, well, different - they are Turkish or European. The hog is still a huge beast, especially when compared to other images of "stalked" boars on the Nature Tour's website. I'll let the guy who sent me these pics know about their true origin.

I can guarantee that if it was from Conroe, TX I would have heard about it... since I live in Conroe just minutes from the airport.

Brandon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya mean the guys are from the Little People's Convention?

Here's the description that came with the pix, "Over 1,800 lb. wild boar shot and killed in Conroe, Texas near the County Airport, East of I-45 and near the community of Cut and Shoot."

At least no one is claiming they saddled and rode it to death. </div></div>

I got this one about six months ago. It said that the boar was just over 1000 pounds and kiled in I believe Croatia. No doubt that it is a nice animal but no where near the size that it appears in the photos.

Forced Perspective.
Put the subject closer to the camera, put the other people behind the subject, makes it look huge. See also the Snake from Texas, and the other big pig photo.

Re: Whatta Hog

I received the same photo's in an email with the description of the hog being taken in Texas.

It was actually taken in Turkey. You can look this business up to verify this @ nature tours.com

are those last 2 pics even of the same hog? the first pic looks way hairier than the last 2

This pig is all over the forums - it is from some eastern European guide service - and from what I can tell, that guy is sitting 6-8 feet behind the animal...not nearly as impressive as they'd like it to be.