• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whatzit??

dmuldrew

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 24, 2002
Missouri
These appeared at my place of employment after the weekend. They are small, about the diameter of a half dollar and maybe 1/4 inch thick. Mounted in drop ceilings. Camera, microphone? It troubles me a bit because some are in patient care areas, including ORs, as well as the locker room. Tineye and Google image searches got nothing...Everyone at work is talking about em tho.

Looks like this 5820A | Sentrol Recessed ShatterPro II Glassbreak Sensor | Home Security Store

BTW, someone needs to talk to houskeeping. Thanks for playing, be sure to tip your bartenders and waitresses.

Attachments

• DSC_4724.jpg
    DSC_4724.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
They almost look like motion detectors for lighting but the pics are a little fuzzy so I can't get a clear image of the small dots

While I have no proof, I do know that air quality and air pressure have become a very big deals in hospitals.

Until you know for sure though - don't look up, and do not discuss your plans for 'taking over'

They are NOTHING to worry about.

Those aren't the sensors that you're looking for, move along.

Never mind those more-frequent and stronger headaches, they are totally un-related.

And those more prominent voices that are in your head saying "Pull The Trigger!!! Pull The Trigger!!!" have nothing to do with those "ceiling ornaments" at all.

None.

Now about today's headlines......

(am I helping?)

Tough to say without better quality pics but it does look like a celing mounted motion sensor.

I'll try to get some better pics with an SLR tomorrow. Don't think it's a motion detector. Pyro electric detector, for what purpose? These are not centrally located in any room or space, but located on the periphery.

They are NOTHING to worry about.

Those aren't the sensors that you're looking for, move along.

Never mind those more-frequent and stronger headaches, they are totally un-related.

And those more prominent voices that are in your head saying "Pull The Trigger!!! Pull The Trigger!!!" have nothing to do with those "ceiling ornaments" at all.

None.

Now about today's headlines......

(am I helping?)

I am jealous because the voices only speak to you.

Think fire or heat detector. Smaller and easier to mount than a smoke detector not to mention when you are installing 100's of them cheaper.

I don't think they are motion detectors

They are eyes of the borg, my advice is to stab them repeatedly with an icepick, but do so wearing a disquise cause they are watching, maybe a santa clause outfit or perhaps a gimp suit complete with ball gag

Catch one of the maintenance guys going on break and just ask him.

Better strap them into a OB/GYN exam chair attach a battery to his nuts and make him give you the info.

Than apologize profusely and telll him your supervisor was asking.

Why not just climb up and take a peek at it? If they're in patent areas and locker rooms you looking at some serious violations so wait till people are out of a room and do some counter-surveillance. Smart money says motion sensor for auto on/off light system but it would be easy to hide small cam in one but really that small of a camera would have a shit image.

This is a motion sensor for lights and looks sorta like your pic:
batterypowered-motionsensor-led-ceiling-light.jpg

Last edited:
if it is a glass breaker sensor. you can fool it with a load snare hit. find a youtube vid with someone play a snare drum turn it up and see if your door alarm control panel has a light go off or blink. The system we got as a tone that plays if one of the door window or glass break sensors are tripped.

not sure if you will find a vid that will sit it off. i tried here just a second ago. I can fool it with the snare on the drum kit by just wrapping the drum a few times and the sensor lights up the the control panel beeps but can't find a vid that will get loud enough to trigger it.

Last edited: