• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wheaton Arms Precision Rifle Match, SC

Punisher29073

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2012
White Knoll, SC
Wheaton Arms has opened registration on practiscore for their first match at The Clinton House this year. It is on 4-15-17.

Ryan

Is there more information about the COF and facilities? Setting? It's spelled Wheaton on Practiscore. I also when to Wheaton Arms webpage, and there wasn't any information there on the shoot.
thanks

They typically don't release COF until right before the match. Typically 70-100 rds, some pistol, mostly positions.

Ryan

Is this a one day match?
i tried looking at practiscore but I left more confused.
What is the entry fee?
Start and finish times?

They do occasionally mix in a few pistol shots. Typically there is someone there happy to lend equipment if you need it. Even if not, you can take the penalty and just shoot the rifle portion. Don't let that stop you from signing up. I am not going to make it as I have a backpacking trip planned. ITs a great easy going match.

Ryan

These are great matches. There will be a Zero day on Friday ($20) and then the match will be on Saturday ($55). The atmosphere is very laid back. You will be able to choose a squad of people to shoot with. Don’t worry if you don’t know any of them. Everyone is willing to assist.

The Overwatch matches were the first ones I ever went to. I don’t think I met a single jerk since I’ve been going to them and I’ve been to them all. People were more than willing to give advice, help with problems, and lend gear you may have an interest in. If you don’t have a pistol or have forgotten it I doubt anyone in your squad would deny you the opportunity to use theirs.

The match itself is very laid back. Safety rules are adhered to but it’s a great place for a new shooter to learn how matches go. They will slow down for you to get ready and to make the adjustments you weren’t expecting. You won’t get any breaks on the par times, but they also won’t hold you to an unrealistic 30 seconds to look at the stage and decide how you want to shoot it.

Now, because of my last paragraph, the bad news. These matches have tended to run a little slower. Part of this can be because different stages will have different par times. If you have 5 squads of 12 people each on 5 different stages and one stage has a 90 second time for each shooter, and another stage has 180 seconds allotted for each shooter, which stage will slow the progress? The matches have mostly been done by about 4-5:00. 7:30 shooters meeting is more like 8:00-8:15 and first shots are lucky to be done by 9:00.

I know this is an older thread, but the 2018 matches are scheduled on the Wheaton Arms site. I haven’t checked Practiscore. Anyone feel free to message me or email me with any specific questions I haven’t answered.

Just registered for the 4/28 match.

How many guys usually show up? There were over 70 open spots left.

Registration is on Practiscore.com. You have to make an account but it doesn’t cost anything.

There will be a search box. Type the name of the match. There will be two matches listed but one is for the zero day the Friday before the match. It will say zero day for that one and price is only $20. Make sure you are signing up for the match. Check that the date is correct and the price is $55.

Once you’re signed up and paid the MD or some one with the match will approve you to squad. I’m not sure what they look at but only bring it up because you will not squad immediately.

You will get an email with a link to the page to squad.

Registration is on Practiscore.com. You have to make an account but it doesn’t cost anything.

There will be a search box. Type the name of the match. There will be two matches listed but one is for the zero day the Friday before the match. It will say zero day for that one and price is only $20. Make sure you are signing up for the match. Check that the date is correct and the price is $55.

Once you’re signed up and paid the MD or some one with the match will approve you to squad. I’m not sure what they look at but only bring it up because you will not squad immediately.

You will get an email with a link to the page to squad.

Thanks this was very helpful I’ll go on there now

Just want to make sure I'm reading the rules right- tripods are a no go?

Just want to make sure I'm reading the rules right- tripods are a no go?
~~~~~
6. Equipment
6.1 Allowed firearm supporting devices.
6.2 Bipods, Monopods, shooting sticks, front & rear bags.
~~~~~
Looks that way to me too

Where will the COF be posted? Or at least a round count?

He will post it on his website under the events tab. Most of the time it won't be available until lat night/early morning though. I normally take 100 rounds to ensure that I have plenty. A lot of times there will be some pistol added in there so be sure to take one with a spare mag and holster.

Reactions: Alex126
I’ll be driving up in the AM. First match I’ve shot at Clinton House. Have gotten a few warnings about how long that match takes but we will see. Good luck to y’all.

Anyone have a match report?
I'd like to shoot the upcoming match on the 26th but scheduling is going to make that one tough.

I'll be at the one on the 26th. Talked to someone who shot this one and he said it seemed to be pretty well run, more efficient. He's on the forum so I'll let him chime in if he likes.