• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wheel weights to add weight to stock or chassis?

cattleman99

Snyder Precision LLC
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2018
Lincoln, NE
www.snyderprecision.com
Anyone used steel or lead wheel weights with adhesive backs to add weight to their stock or chassis? If so, how did it turn out?

I found about 9 pounds of quarter ounce wheel weights on amazon for $27 shipped. Seems to me like it could be a great alternative to weight kits and such.

They are held on w foam backed tape; so they are not all that dense when you factor the tape into the equation. When you start stacking them up, taped to each other, the foam adds some damping effect. I've used them before, but not in large numbers to add more weight, rather to balance out a rifle.

Highpower shooters use wheel weights taped on the inside of AR-15 handguards for that purpose. They also use a lead weight in the buttstock (cleaning kit compartment) for balance.

Good Luck

Jerry

Cast spacers or whatever from lead.
Files to shape easy (take necessary precations) paint with epoxy to seal.

Attachments

• 20190502_151018.jpg
    20190502_151018.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 70
  • 20190501_201757.jpg
    20190501_201757.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: ryankuhn