• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

When bugs attack..

Mr Silverman

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2011
Little Washington, VA
Good morning all,

While running this morning in Great Falls Park, VA I had the unfortunate run in with some sort of insect. The strange thing is that it fell from the trees above, landed on my head, bit the **** out of me and dissapeared. I dont believe it was a stick (widowmaker). Does anyone know a bug/insect that this is thier MO? My head is hurting bad and swelling and there are bite marks. Ive done a cursory google and nothing really turned up that fits what happened. Anyone have the same experience?

Re: When bugs attack..

3H6HLREHTHIL2Z0L5ZSL5Z0LBZ8LVZ9HVZPH9ZHL2ZXHOH8HOHLLAHRLAH7HOH8HAH6HAZMLZRWHYH8LLREH9ZNH.jpg

I run into these all the time in woods and on trails, they are usually on a full web but you may have caught one while it was on a single silk strand. I don't know if they bite but the spikes hurt when you swat them off your head.
Probably a little late in the year for the biting flies but could have been a bee or wasp species on the attack.