• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

When did Eagle move to PuertoRico?

Fredo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2003
SLC, UT.
When did eagle move to PR?, get sold? I thought was USA manufactured.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eagle Industries Del Caribe, Lares, Puerto Rico, was awarded on April 1 a $6,809,867 firm-fixed-price contract for modular lightweight load-carrying equipment in the color MultiCam. Work is to be performed in Lares, Puerto Rico,(W911QY-06-D-0004)</div></div>

Re: When did Eagle move to PuertoRico?

Puerto Rico is part of the USA. It's a US territory.

I believe they still have part of their operation in Missouri.

Peurto Rican Nationa Guard members were some pretty damn good troops in OEF VII. I think PR just needs to get off the pot and becaome the 51st State, but since they want both teh cake and eating it too, they should make something to make up for it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fredo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When did eagle move to PR?, get sold? I thought was USA manufactured.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eagle Industries Del Caribe, Lares, Puerto Rico, was awarded on April 1 a $6,809,867 firm-fixed-price contract for modular lightweight load-carrying equipment in the color MultiCam. Work is to be performed in Lares, Puerto Rico,(W911QY-06-D-0004)</div></div> </div></div>Hell fREDO youd know a little about what your great country runs -this isnt you is it-lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Eagle Industries Main is still in Misssouri. John Carver built the PR operation to handle overflow work and still remain Berry Amendment compliant with reasonable labor cost. I assume he got a tax break from the PR government.

Alliant Tech Systems bought out Carver. Eagle Industries is now an ATK subsidiary company.

Last I checked they were still in fenton mo. It's a 15 minute drive from my house.

I was under the impression it was just the "LE" models which were made in the Dominican?

Either way, I bought an Eagle Discreet Case (CAR-15) LE and was mortified to find out it was made "offshore".

I don't use it anymore on principle, and am having a new 32" soft case being made right now by a local military company.

Anybody want to buy it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tactrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Puerto Rico is part of the USA. It's a US territory. </div></div>

Lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tactrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Puerto Rico is part of the USA. It's a US territory. </div></div>

Lol. </div></div>

+1....last I checked they are still Puerto Ricans, and not Americans...that may be the greatest stretch I have read on these forums to date.....wow.

Heh, don't even recall posting this. Typical... drunk post causing trouble. baha..

I once heard a long time ago that more Puerto Ricans live in the New York area than on the mother island itself. I wonder if this still holds true? I'd be willing to bet many manufacturers stating "Made in the USA" are fabricating in US territories.

RT

I just got notification from Blackhawk that they have been bought by ATK. I bring this up because ATK owns Eagle Industries. ATK has over 18,000 employees in 22 states, Puerta Rico and internationally. Looks like ATK is buying up a nice portfolio of companies. ATK is HQ'd in MN.

Good, now they can make more primers.... I hope
whistle.gif

I also heard about the purchase of Blackhawk by ATK, but I heard it from a member of the Carver family.

Got this reply today

xxxx,

We have manufacturing plants in both countries, but the majority of our items are made here.

Thank you,

xxxx xxxx

Inside Sales Representative

[email protected]

Eagle Industries Unlimited, Inc.

1000 Biltmore Dr.

Fenton MO 63026

Phone: 888-343-7547

Direct line 636-717-1534

fax: 636-349-0321

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tactrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Puerto Rico is part of the USA. It's a US territory. </div></div>

Lol. </div></div>

+1....last I checked they are still Puerto Ricans, and not Americans...that may be the greatest stretch I have read on these forums to date.....wow. </div></div>

Natural born Puerto Ricans can run for president, they pay taxes to the US, collect SS, use medicare, can appeal to the Supreme Court. Not really a stretch.

I can say "Made In The USA",,,,hell I'm the only one in my shop.

Anybody no any good Mexican Ghillie builders???
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I once heard a long time ago that more Puerto Ricans live in the New York area than on the mother island itself.</div></div>
Actually, that would be New Jersey, not NY, lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Natural born Puerto Ricans can run for president, they pay taxes to the US, collect SS, use medicare, can appeal to the Supreme Court. Not really a stretch.</div></div>
Not to mention enlist in the US military... PR citizens are US citizens. I believe what is implied by "stretch", is that most Puerto Ricans will identify themselves as such, rather than Americans. It has to do with pride, solidarity, and towards maintaining their heritage.

I lived in PR back in 1998 for 1 1/2 years. While there, the island took a vote on whether or not to become a state. Results were 49% to 51% against it.

Guess I should have paid better attention in social studies, and what ever class would teach how to manufacture outside the country with dirt cheap labor but still somehow manage to call it made in the USA.

I stand corrected.

The more your read, the stranger our relationship seems.

U.S. Supreme Court's says

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> a territory appurtenant and belonging to the United States, but not a part of the United States.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shibumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eagle/ATK is also 24 months behind on production. </div></div>

Ouch! but not true Phil.

24 WEEKS, not months
mad.gif

Maybe it changed, but when you lay off 300 people, your production can suffer a tad bit.
Hopefully for them they are up and running.

Still in MO. I've delivered to them and picked stuff up from there. Some cool shit inside.
Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shibumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe it changed, but when you lay off 300 people, your production can suffer a tad bit.
Hopefully for them they are up and running. </div></div>

No doubt they are behind, I'm just saying its never been 24 months. The longest I have seen, is the current time of 24 weeks.

I believe ATK also operates Lake City... somewhere in another post there was mention that they were attempting to buy once fired brass directly from military bases as opposed to from a centralized disposal site. The incentive for the bases to do this was that the funds would go directly to the base instead of a general fund. The post went on to question the motive for buying the brass...because then it would affect the commercial market supply that civilian reloaders buy from....? Would ATK buy it, grind it up and sell for scrap brass..??? this may be just a rumor...