• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

When people ask me if I watch the Oscars.... Marine vet, actor R. Lee Ermey cut out of Oscars tribute

hermosabeach

Invite new Gun owners to the range in 2021
Minuteman
Marine vet, actor R. Lee Ermey cut out of Oscars tribute
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/02/marine-vet-actor-r-lee-ermey-cut-out-of-oscars-tribute

On Sunday, the Academy Awards aired a segment that paid tribute to actors who passed away over the past year, but they failed to include actor and Marine Corps veteran R. Lee Ermey.
Ermey was excluded from the segment despite his death in April 2018 and notoriety for his role as Gny. Sgt. Hartman in the movie “Full Metal Jacket” which was nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the Golden Globe Awards in 1988, the year after its release.
The three-minute montage included numerous faces, from popular actors like Burt Reynolds, to comic book writer Stan Lee, and various behind-the-scenes figures like directors, producers, and other crew members.

Not to mention his being nominated for the award in a KUBRICK (my favorite director by far) film no less, AND he wasn't cast for that role, he was the military advisor on set. When he got up to show the actor how it's really done, how to fuck with recruits, Kubrick fired the actor on the spot and had him do it instead. If you ever saw, or even worse, heard the actor, you'd know why he got replaced. Especially if you were ever in the military.

Name ONE other actor, such a natural that way, that a major director fired the other and inserted a nobody advisor instead. Then he went on to play several other hard ass roles, each done well. He was at least as good an actor as he was a marine!

But he was also pro firearm, and we can't have that diluting the propaganda can we? Especially among the elite propagandists.

I met the Gunny at Knob Creek long ago an spent about two hrs with him. We talked about military life, civi life, an peoples perceptions. Also about his movie "Fire Base Gloria" which I liked the best an the conversation went to the M14 which Gunny loved as well as I. He was a first rate person.
Now Burt Reynolds was a first rate piece of shit, as I had provided all the A/C an Electrical Power Generation for his movie Cop & A Half that was filmed in Tampa long ago. I had seen some of his movies but on screen does not equate to off screen. He's the one that should have been fucked in Deliverance as he was nothing but a pussy in real life once his ACT-tor shield, was removed. Yes he was banging that waitress in his bus on set, while still married to Loni. I gave her a 5 others on set rated her a 5-7, to me that cunt would have never made a 7 w/o a week of makeup an a full on tit job.

Got to meet Henry Winkler (he directed it) the Fonz was outstanding, but reynolds, fuck him. It does not surprise me that they did that, as fake is what hollywead is all about, an the faker you are, the more they hype/like you.

I met the Gunny briefly at the SHOT show in about 2005 or 2006. I had stood in line for over an hour with a bunch of other people. I was close enough to the table to hear his handlers try to get him up and leave. He said,"You can close down the line, but I'm not leaving until I meet everyone who's been waiting"

So I had an hour to think of my question to ask the Gunny. When it was my turn, I thanked the Gunny for all he had done in the military and shooting worlds and then I asked,"Gunny, how does it feel to be one of the most quoted movie icons in film history?"

He straightened up, looked me dead in the eye, and said,"I don't give a fuck, as long as the checks keep rolling in!" :ROFLMAO:
The whole line cracked up.

I am sorry about his passing , I loved his shows , and the way he did those shows I read he was a silver star awarded vet , and appeared to be a gentleman its a shame the academy did not do something like they did for Stan Lee and others.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I am sorry about his passing , I loved his shows , and the way he did those shows I read he was a silver star awarded vet , and appeared to be a gentleman its a shame the academy did not do something like they did for Stan Lee and others.

No silver star and to his credit he never tried to blow up his career which was an honorable one and he served well.

FMJ was not his first movie. He started films in Apocalypse Now as a helo pilot under Col Kilgore.

Seems like he worked for and earned everything he got.

Good to see the good ones succeed.

Guessing he never let Harvey Weinstein fuck him.

Too bad he is gone.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
No silver star and to his credit he never tried to blow up his career which was an honorable one and he served well.

FMJ was not his first movie. He started films in Apocalypse Now as a helo pilot under Col Kilgore.

Seems like he worked for and earned everything he got.

Good to see the good ones succeed.

Guessing he never let Harvey Weinstein fuck him.

Too bad he is gone.

Gunny would have broken Harvey Weinstein's fucking ugly ass troll face if he had learned what he had done.

RIP R. Lee Ermey. A Gunny of the truest sense. Hundreds of years from now, his name and image WILL still be instantly recognized, just like John Wayne. The whole gang of butterface elitists and statist supporters in Hollywood today? Not so much.

By the way, who the fuck is Oscar? Never heard of it.

Reactions: Zeroit
On a side note he was a NRA board member elected 2011 by petition (not a write in) you have to work hard for that and was as far as I know always present at the board meetings unlike some of the other entertainers/ sports figures and did a lot to promote NRA without compensation. Truly a genuine man. Just so everyone knows the board members don't get paid for being on the board travel expenses yes. He will be missed.

Reactions: WATERWALKER
Honestly, I don’t see the gunny upset he wasn’t mentioned during the Oscar event. I don’t think he cared for them anyway haha. Something I have always wondered is what the fuck makes actors think I give a rats fucking ass what they think about anything, let alone politics. Dumb fucking global warming freaks that drive their yachts and private jets everywhere guzzling up fossil fuels while
Telling us lowly folk we shouldn’t eat beef or drive anything but a Prius