• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes When to buy a scope?

pepperbelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
I plan on buying a scope very soon. I keep erading that the Vortex PST scopes are coming in early June.
Would it make sense to wait until they do, then see what those buyers sell to afford it? Should I just go ahead and buy a Viper new?

Jim

Re: When to buy a scope?

I think you should get the Viper PST new. From what I have seen from Vortex, they are pulling out all the stops to make sure that there are no bugs with the scope, hence the late release date. Good on Vortex for that!

Due to the extra care they are taking with the scope and all the bells and whistles it comes with, I dont think there is gonna be a really quick "buyers remorse" market with this scope. Therefore get in line and get a new one!

Good Luck

Re: When to buy a scope?

I dont think the OP was saying that there will be buyers remorse with the Vortex's, only that those that buy the PST's will be selling their other scopes and he was wondering if he should wait and try to capitalize on their used scopes.

As to what i would do in the OP's position: as always...it depends
smile.gif
depending on what you are looking for in a scope and how much you can afford, you may either want to wait around and patrol the classifieds or as Grimm said, jump in line for a PST.

the PST's are pretty hot right now. they are offering some great features from a company that has a good reputation all at a reasonable price. i'd say if you can afford it you may want to look into getting one. if not, i believe you are correct in foreseeing that there will be many a scope for sale around June.

God help us if the PST's don't save the sniping world
smile.gif