• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where are Savage rifles manufactured?

C!ph3r

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2009
This is my first new thread and it seems that it would have been simple to find. However i could not find it. I have been lurking on the site all day reading on how i should get started in long range shooting. It has lead me to looking at the Savage Mark II-FV. It looks to be a great starting point and is cost effective in the event its just not something i am in to. But, i can’t find anything on where they manufacture their rifles. Thanks for the help.

Re: Where are Savage rifles manufactured?

Thanks Nate. yup I looked at their site. I see where they are headquartered but it doesn’t say where they are manufactured. I tried calling them before posting here but they were closed already.

Thanks crumpmd. i figured they wouldn’t be made in the US or that would be easily found on their site. Better Canada then China

Re: Where are Savage rifles manufactured?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine was made in Canada. </div></div>

Savage Arms bought out Lakefield, a rimfire builder in Canada. They build the .22's for Savage now.