• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where are the hazardous waste disposal bins for masks?

madppcs

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2011
    Forest hill, Louisiana
    One thing thats been on my mind since this intentional outbreak is that there are no public waste bins for disposal of masks. When PPE is used to enter contaminated areas (Even suspected contaminated areas) it must be properly disposed of. The use of PPE is to protect the user from the associated hazards. Not worn forever without proper disinfecting and/or disposal. And definitely not worn daily while traveling into businesses, meeting untold amounts of people, and putting this little personal cesspool back on time and time again when you have to. How many people are carrying this contaminated mask into every place they go, and put it back in their pocket?

Why dont we see public hazardous waste bins anywhere? Yes I know the answers to this thread. Its more of a statement than a question lol

Back around summer/fall of 2020 you could find those baby blue face diapers littering the landscape in all of the more urbanized locales. Not so much anymore... but rest assured, our "betters" are working hard to bring it ALL back again.

PrO tiP: spray a little Febreze on your used mask every now and then to cut the stench, and lay it on the dashboard out in full sun between uses - it'll last for months before you need to replace it! It's Eco-Friendly! It'll save landfill space! LOLOLOL!!!

Back around summer/fall of 2020 you could find those baby blue face diapers littering the landscape in all of the more urbanized locales. Not so much anymore... but rest assured, our "betters" are working hard to bring it ALL back again.

Hell, I saw them littering the landscape in Yellowstone, NP as recently as this July.

Of course we has some folks that wanted to "help" back when this started - so they got together as started making / sewing face masks. Remember that phase of this Apocalypse?

Then they would donate them to the hospital who would pile them on a table by the front door "Please, take a mask."

There was a box beside the pile "Please return the mask when leaving and we will take them home for cleaning."

I thought you have got to be kidding me.

The pile - and the box - only lasted a couple of weeks . . . probably long enough to spread the "Killer Virus" just a little bit more. I never did hear about large quantites of folks dying at home doing the laundry.

Reactions: Pbgt
    only in hospitals or your pocket I have used the same dust mask for a long time now till it doesn't work anymore why buy more ?

Those baby blue face diapers are quite useful for expedient field cleaning and wiping down of Colt and Remington frame black powder revolvers during extended range outings. Gotta keep those cylinder pins free from fouling, otherwise the cylinders start binding after 30+ shots... You can probably use them to paper-patch round balls for muzzleloading long rifles as well. Each mask has enough material to patch 3-4 loads...

PrO tiP: spray a little Febreze on your used mask every now and then to cut the stench, and lay it on the dashboard out in full sun between uses - it'll last for months before you need to replace it! It's Eco-Friendly! It'll save landfill space! LOLOLOL!!!
    pro tip...

dont wear the fuckin mask and grow a set of fucking balls

Hell, I saw them littering the landscape in Yellowstone, NP as recently as this July.

Can confirm. There were plenty blowing around last weekend.

The park is nuts this year though. Stupid amounts of traffic.

Those baby blue face diapers are quite useful for expedient field cleaning and wiping down of Colt and Remington frame black powder revolvers during extended range outings. Gotta keep those cylinder pins free from fouling, otherwise the cylinders start binding after 30+ shots... You can probably use them to paper-patch round balls for muzzleloading long rifles as well. Each mask has enough material to patch 3-4 loads...
    I used one during barrel break in for wiping the rod/ cleaning the crown. Probably most useful purpose for one of the damn things.

I used one during barrel break in for wiping the rod/ cleaning the crown. Probably most useful purpose for one of the damn things.

I still got a few boxes of them from the beginning of the saga last year... Before we knew what that shit did to people and it's (low) lethality, I almost burned myself into exhaustion hot-gluing three of them together into one mask to increase the filter layers and giving enough to my two close neighbors that can last them for a year. My GF kept fearing that I might collapse from all the work I was putting on myself in addition to my day job... Now the rest of the masks are relegated to my gun cleaning kit.

Last edited:
    Reactions: madppcs
    The Bins for the masks are on the ground every where. Funny no one gets a littering ticket for it.