• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where are you guys buying AICS mags?

9mmkungfu

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2009
VA
I'm seeing about $73 or so for 10-rd .308 AICS mags from places like SRT Arms and I think Triad. Where are you guys getting yours from?

Also, what's the general consensus on the Alpha Industries AICS mags? It says they won't have any until the 19th, I believe. Is it worth the wait?

Re: Where are you guys buying AICS mags?

I have used AI AICS mags in the past and now have been using a couple of of Alpha Industries mags. They are of high quality with zero problems to day and I highly recommend them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Triad is the place to get AI mags.. I'd skip the Mortas.</div></div>

Mortas = Alpha Industries?

Wondering what"s wrong with Alpha Industries mags? I have 2 type II and they are very well built, matter of fact I liked them so much I ordered 3 more and am willing to wait for them until May 19th. Chris is gtg very concerned about his product and if you ever have any issues he is willing to take care of it immediately. FWIW type I is for standard OAL bullets. Type II are for long seated bullets. If you have a Remington 700 action it will need to have a relief cut/notched out of the bottom to feed long seated bullets properly.

IMHO the best feature of the mag is that it fits 10 rounds in near the same size as a 5 round mag. Note the mag to the left is a 5 round M1A I don't have any AICS mags but I can't imagine their any shorter they're single stacked too.

IMAG0121.jpg

No issues with the Alpha mags here. I also like how they're barely larger than a 5 round AICS mag, cheaper, and feed just as well for me.

Nothing wrong with Alpha Mags... I have tons of them and they work great... Chris has a great product and is a hell of a guy...

Give him a shot... You wont regret it one bit plus you will save some money...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the AI mags are listed here:

http://www.triadtactical.com/Spare-Magazines/ </div></div>

What Steve said^^^^^ he always has what you need and ships it out to you quick!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will Alpha work with WSMs? </div></div>

The Alpha 308 type 2 will take up to OAL of 2.985"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will Alpha work with WSMs? </div></div>

The Alpha 308 type 2 will take up to OAL of 2.985"</div></div>

triad is my number one source for anything he carries, big store cheap prices with great customer service from a owner that actually cares about his customers.

Alpha types 3&4 are designed for use with the WSM family of cartridges. The 3 hold seven rounds and the 4 holds ten rounds of WSM. They also work with RSUM, if I recall correctly.

Another vote for Triad. Great service, fast shipping and a Hide vendor to boot.

We just stocked up on AI mags of all flavors.

Thanks for all the kind words people, it means a lot
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We just stocked up on AI mags of all flavors.

Thanks for all the kind words people, it means a lot
blush.gif
</div></div>

Steve,

I placed my order with you this past Monday and it looks like I'll have it on Friday. Thanks for the great service.

Yes, Mortas= Alpha. I picked up a couple because of the good reviews and lower price. Have never had one feed reliably through all 10 rounds. Not once. Going to have to replace them with AI. Buy once, cry once.

my creedmore/591 surgeon biuld came w/ 1 al mag, runs great. got 2 alpha mags, cant get them to cycle at all. just bought 1 ai 10rd ai mag from triad,runs perfect right out of the box.go figure.

I get mine from Triad great people to deal with. I did get 2 Alpha mags to try out I just got them yesterday they look great as well.

Dustin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2clicks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wondering what"s wrong with Alpha Industries mags?
</div></div>

I am not knocking Morta or Alpha mags, however the one I had and have at home did require some real tinkering with the feeding lips,

I tried the mag in three different rifles, with 308 Win as intended, 243 Win and 6 mm XC, it failed to feed, nose dove the rounds and did a whole lot of different things.

Well living in Sweden it´s not I could just get another or two, and having nothing to loose since it was defunc, I took a set of dummy rounds, a fairly large gauge round nose plier and about 10-15 min worth of tinkering,

the mag is now running smooths as can and there has been no ftf or other malsf:s after that.

Is it war proof, hell I dont care, it´s comp proof if I can shoot it for some 50+ rounds and not having any issues with it.

I am just glad I have enough mags to go around.

/Chris

My buddy locally has two of the Alpha mags. One works great and the other has CONSTANT feeding issues. Don't know if it's a fluke, been dropped or what but that one is basically useless. that being said I think when I order my Seekins dbm next week I'm going to give them a try.

+1 for Triad. That reminds me I should get on there and spend some money....

My experience with the Alpha mags has been the opposite of some here as I've been very happy with the two that I have. From the first round to the last they have been consistently reliable and in my opinion feed better than the AI mag. The AI 10 rounder that I have has been so so in the reliability department lately and after some failures to feed at ASC I've demoted it to training status at this point. Now this is a sample of two but when I look at the cost, size, and reliability thus far I think I'll be looking hard at the Alpha mags when I want to get some more.

Am I correct in saying that Alpha mags are slightly different than Morta mags? Evolved and improved?

I Wish I could get a few here in Sweden to try out however that seems like a long shot at the moment.

/Chris

Steve,

I received my mag today. +1 for Triad - fast shipping and great service. Thanks!

The alpha mag I run has been flawless for me, triad is the place to go for the AICS magazines.

I got two Alpha Type 1 in .308 mags a couple of months ago. I am running them in a Surgeon Scalpel with AI 2.0 stock. So far zero problems. I used them in the match at Raton last weekend, worked perfect. Between practice and the match shot 100 rounds in two days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swedish guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I correct in saying that Alpha mags are slightly different than Morta mags? Evolved and improved?

I Wish I could get a few here in Sweden to try out however that seems like a long shot at the moment.

/Chris </div></div>

This is correct.

Chris has done an outstanding job transforming the morta into the Alpha mag.

Issues with the mag have been addresses and fixed. I have run more of these mags in tons of different stock/action combos and they work great.

If you are ever at a match or class that I host we have them available for demo.

I just ordered two Alpha mags. 10 rounds and not much longer than the AICS 5 round.

s