• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where Can I Buy a Brain?

pbatesaz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2018
Phoenix, AZ and Cimarron, CO
I am a complete fucking idiot. Just spent an hour on the road to the range, painted steel, set up targets, unloaded my gear and discovered I left my rifle at home. ????
EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that just before I left for the range my wife observed that I didn’t seem to be taking as much stuff as usual.??

Last edited:
????????

I haven't left a firearm at home yet. But once I went and all 3 guns I brought went down in the first 5 minutes. Was back on the road with in 10 minutes of arriving.

Last edited:
Try China if you dont mind the brain of a criminal or slave. :rolleyes:

Do not feel so bad , I did a similar thing though it did not take hours to get to the range brought the guns targets no paint for steel and no staples to hang paper targets also for got the hammer and bolts to hang the steel still and hammer into the hard ground , got to shoot using old targets people left just felt dumb forgetting those other things I needed . now I use a check list and verify everything the night before .

Reactions: TACC and pbatesaz
Can't tell you how many dove shoots I've been on over the years where somebody there showed up with everything but their shotgun. It happens...

Worst ive done is forget targets when doing load workup. Go back get targets, then realize I forgot a stapler :cry:

The rifle range I use is about an hour and a half from my house and Panteo studios uses it to film sometimes and when they do they shut down the entire range for the day. We are supposed to go on the website or check the Facebook page to confirm the dates for the range closers. Well two times now I have totally forgotten to check and drove all the way up there only to realize the range was being used to film and shut down for the day. That’s about three hours of driving each time so right now I am in for six hours of useless driving but I do love listening to my music there and back......lol

AbbyNormal.jpg

I once packed 2 rifles and ammo for a range trip. Finished shooting the 22lr and moved out to the longer range targets for the 6.5 creedmoor (required a move to a different line). Got everything set up but then couldn't find the anmo in my gear bag. Packed up and went home a bit bummed. Putting the rifles away I found the ammo in one of the pockets on the rifle case...

I never forgot to take anything important I've needed for shooting range or a hunt. For this reason, I feel terrible and ask for everybody's forgiveness. Saying "everybody", I mean all normal people.... Next time I have to go shooting, either paper or ducks or wild pigs, I'll do my best to forget something.

This is turning out to be one of the funniest (and most comforting) threads on the hide. There may be other funnier threads, but I can’t remember them either. Now where is that dunce cap emoji?

I never forgot to take anything important I've needed for shooting range or a hunt. For this reason, I feel terrible and ask for everybody's forgiveness. Saying "everybody", I mean all normal people.... Next time I have to go shooting, either paper or ducks or wild pigs, I'll do my best to forget something.

You haven't done it enough.

I've unpacked at the range and somehow my test ammo jumped out of my jeep and made it back to the reloading room before I got home.
I loaded up 50 rounds of test ammo for a 300 BO. All lined up in neat rows so I wouldn't mix anything up. Took it to the range and shot it all across my magnetospeed. Recorded all the data and plotted it in excel. Only then did I realize I had forgotten to write down the charge weights-ANYWHERE.

OP, what kind of brain do you want, I am a merchant in this type of products.
Do you want a:
Chinese brain
Brazilian braind
British brain
Monkey brain
goat brain
African brain
Shit brain.

You have to be a little more specific.

I was hunting in South Carolina in a blind for the afternoon, told my 12 year old son, you grab the ammo I got the rifle. Get out to the blind and ask for the ammo. He says I knew I was going to forget something.

Sat there for 3 hours, thank god we never saw anything. Could be because you could hear me a mile away.

Reactions: pbatesaz
About two years ago I went to the range with my bag of ammo [500 rds.], bag of about 60 Glock mags, range bag with six Glocks [including my nearly new 10mm with RD], and my range maintenance bag.

When I left home it was fifty degrees and sunny. Put up my targets and laid out my Glocks, loaded two magazines for each Glock.

It started to snow, a mini blizzard. Grabbed all my gear and threw them in the back of my SUV. Went back to the bench to make sure I had not left anything. It really started to snow hard. Jumped into the drivers seat and turned on the heat.

It is about a half mile of dirt road before you get to pavement. There is a blind curve at the exit onto the pavement. Turning left onto the pavement you really need to step on the gas or risk getting rear ended by someone.

Drove about three miles and could not understand why the vehicle would not warm up.
Came to a stop sign and looked in the rearview mirror and discovered that I had not closed the hatch.

Got out to close the hatch and saw that all my bags were missing. Turned around and drove way to fast back to the range. Thinking that I am old and forgetful but I was sure that I had put my bags back in the rear gargo bay.

I drive up to the bench and nothing. I see and old car sitting off to the side with the engine running. I walk up and an even older man rolls down the window. I ask him if he has seen four black bags. He says yep they are in the back seat. Says get in and warm up a bit. He tells me he lived only a mile from the range and found the bags in the middle of the road and knew that some one from the range had lost them.

He was just waiting for someone to come back for them. Would not take any reward, but just wanted to talk. Said he did not have any family and that his wife had died just three weeks ago. Spent an enjoyable hour talking about life, hunting and fishing.

I need to go see him sometime soon. Being forgetful is not always a bad thing.

Last edited:
I had been leaving my bow hang in the tree overnight. After a couple evenings I decided to change stands for the morning hunt. I walked to the new stand and climbed up and sat down. About daylight I realized that I didn't have a bow. Then I couldn't remember if I left it in the other tree stand or at the house. A short trip through the woods and I went back to the house and got my bow.

• Haha
Reactions: lash
I had been leaving my bow hang in the tree overnight. After a couple evenings I decided to change stands for the morning hunt. I walked to the new stand and climbed up and sat down. About daylight I realized that I didn't have a bow. Then I couldn't remember if I left it in the other tree stand or at the house. A short trip through the woods and I went back to the house and got my bow.
Dang! I hate when that happens!

About two years ago I went to the range with my bag of ammo [500 rds.], bag of about 60 Glock mags, range bag with six Glocks [including my nearly new 10mm with RD], and my range maintenance bag.

When I left home it was fifty degrees and sunny. Put up my targets and laid out my Glocks, loaded two magazine for each Glock.

It started to snow, a mini blizzard. Grabbed all my gear and threw them in the back of my SUV. Went back to the bench to make sure I had not left anything. It really started to snow hard. Jumped into the drivers seat and turned on the heat.

It is about a half mile of dirt road before you get to pavement. There is a blind curve at the exit onto the pavement. Turning left onto the pavement you really need to step on the gas or risk getting rear ended by someone.

Drove about three miles and could not understand why the vehicle would not warm up.
Came to a stop sign and looked in the rearview mirror and discovered that I had not closed the hatch.

Got out to close the hatch and saw that all my bags were missing. Turned around and drove way to fast back to range. Thinking that I am old and forgetful but I was sure that I had put my bags back in the rear gargo bay.

I drive up to the

Don’t just leave us hanging here. What happened next?

A buddy & I went to the range & before we left we did a last minute gear inspection. All set, so we make the thirty minute drive to the range. Once there, I realize that I forgot all the T-posts & the rebar. Epic fail.

We used the one POS steel target at the range. It looked a lot like Swiss cheese so it was a lackluster trip.

Reactions: TACC
I am a complete fucking idiot. Just spent an hour on the road to the range, painted steel, set up targets, unloaded my gear and discovered I left my rifle at home. ????

4 years ago my son turned 15 and wanted to take me out car Luxury Truck Camping because he just received his used Tacoma was tired of our ultra light backpacking...

"Dad, I do not want your help for anything", "Really Dad I got this"
- Are you sure James?​
"Ya, I'll get us stakes, eggs and we'll have a great dinner"
- I can help really.. but If we are driving your truck all the way to the camp site I want real pillows​
"No problem Dad"
-75miles down the road 4am -- hey, why don't you take a couple pillows and get some rest...​
"aaah I'm not tired"
- really grab some pillow and make yourself comfortable​
"Dad.... "
-James did you bring the pillows??​

Ok I'm over it... it is almost time for him to start Dinner...

"Dad.... "
Picture - when he was 15​
Unknown-23.jpeg

Not even a single cooking tool, much less silverware -

- he was smart and suggested we make cop sticks..

Mind you we are sitting next to his 4x4...