• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where can I find Lake City Match brass in 308?

badwolf

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
Pa.
Want to load for my M1A's , seems to be the recommended brass. Who sells it?

Re: Where can I find Lake City Match brass in 308?

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but have you looked? LC brass is plentiful and is easy to find. Most of your major reloading places supply LC brass and lots of military surplus places carry it. If you do use LC brass, load it down by a grain to 2 grains.

I too am looking for some LC Match brass. I've found LC brass at several suppliers, but all of it is machine gun fired ie; not Match brass. My google-fu appears to be quite weak in this area. I've mainly dealt with larger suppliers (Midway) for my reloading component previously. I have checked Natchez and Widener's to no avail. Vendor suggestions would be appreciated.
smile.gif

try www.GiBrass.com
you have to ask Jeff Barlet for it specifically ifnot you are going to endup with machine gun brass.
if anything send me a pm.

memo

You might want to also search for M118LR. That brass seems to be fairly plentiful and what I use in my M14 type rifles for match grade ammo.

For regular or casual shooting, I just use regular LC, WCC, etc. brass. No sense using "match" type brass for casual shooting.

I have bought a lot of brass from GiBrass.com and all arrived as ordered.

You might want to also try... Scharch at http://www.scharch.com/categories.php?cat=7 they have quite a bit of regular GI brass.

Good luck,

Tom O.

Lake City quit making Match brass in 95. After 95 they started to make Long Range brass, designated LR on the case head and does not have the cannelure type marking around the body. The body marking was so the user would be able to tell it was not for combat use. The LR brass is used for M118LR. The M118LR is also the issued ammo for match use in semi auto .308's.

Thank you all for the help, it was very educational. I did find GI Brass (aka Jeff Bartlett) with Google. I only saw machine gun fired listed on the website. I'll have to pick up the phone and give them a call. Thanks again for all the help.
smile.gif

id like to know what they say about their brass

Not to be a Dick either but yes I looked a lot and all I find is machinegun fired brass, I heard match brass didn't have the crimped in primer pockect also, do you know if the new long range brass has the crimped primer? thanks for all the replys.

does the new m118lr brass have crimped in primers?

i checked some m118lr 05 and 07 primers are not crimped.