• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

where can I find model 70 bottom metal

MudBug

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2005
Arizona
that doesn't cost more tham my rifle did.

I have a Model 70 Ultimate shadow in 270 WSM that is my general hunting rifle. I finally bought a new stock for it not realizing that there is no bottom metal with the stock I have.

So Now I have a new B&C medalist stock that needs the bottom metal (A new metal trigger guard would be nice also) but all I can find in stock are things that cost up to as much as $600 (WTF?)

Anyone know some place that still carries stock winchester parts or a cheaper alternative?

Re: where can I find model 70 bottom metal

Do a search on ebay and keep your eyes on gunbroker also. Do you need it for a SA or a LA? Stainless or Blued?

Are these some of these WSM actions that are a little off from the SA and LA's? some of the WSM actions are different lengths etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are these some of these WSM actions that are a little off from the SA and LA's? some of the WSM actions are different lengths etc. </div></div>

The stock I have is for a Short action. B&C's description says it will fit WSM's but it might require some fitting, however my action drops right in and all the action screws line right up with the holes and notches already there. So I'm assuming that a standard Short action bottom metal will fit.

All I can find at midway and brownells is the aftermarket stuff. Winchester shows the part number at their site for $53, I'm gonna call them tomorrow.