• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where Can I Get a K98K Mauser?

RoosterShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2011
Kentucky
The last time I was actually looking for a Russian Capture Mauser K98K was back in 2000 and the market was flooded with them, but I can't find one anywhere now.

Does anyone know where I might find a good German K98K Russian Capture rifle?

Thanks

Re: Where Can I Get a K98K Mauser?

I still see a few at gun shows. And there's always Gunbroker. Going price is now $275-400 it seems.

+1 to what LedZep said.

They do pop up at vendors from time to time, but the prices have been ridiculous, in most cases. Also, you never know what you'll get. I've seen some nasty bores show up on some very overpriced examples. With the private market, you'll have a better chance at getting an honest description and it will likely be cheaper, too. You should still be able to find a nice one for around $350.

Also, unless the markings are a concern, don't overlook the Yugo reworked K98s (not talking about the M48 or M24, but they're decent, too). Many of the Yugo examples had new barrels put on them and are usually in better overall condition, for around the same price, or less than a RC. They usually have most/all of the German markings scrubbed off (but they did a lot nicer job than most other countries that scrubbed them).

Check local pawn shops. I've been looking for a K31 for quiet some time now and I hit the local pawns one day. This one dude had 5 K31's in various states. I didn't get one that day, but he did say he did $10 FFL transfers.

It was a productive day