• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where can I go online to find a new M1A Springfield Loaded 22"? And what Scope?

RollinsTx

Private
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2013
Conroe, TX
Hey guys.

After alot of research I want to invest in a Springfield M1A Loaded 22" rifle. Its historic and a beautiful rifle.
I also wanna try out the .308 win round. Any ideas on a scope?

Thanks Guys!

Are you set on a Springfield or would a LRB or Fulton work with your budget? If you are gonna scope it a LRB M25 would be your best bet.

L

Last edited:
If you do go Springfield, do not buy their scope mount. I had Sadlak when I scoped mine. Bassett is also good to go. But if you want it scoped, LRB M25 is your best bet. And a stock with an adjustable cheek.

You might have some luck finding one on M14forum.com

Last edited:
2hxyc1x.jpg

+1 on the Bassett. This is their low picatinny mount on a Nat'l match Springfield. The scope is a Ziess 4.5-14. Really like this setup.

If you're not too worried about money the LRB M14 SA is the best one out there I think. I scoped mine with an ART II and it shoots like crazy. The M 25 would be a very good choice if you are going to keep it permantly mounted. I picked up one for the right price and accurized it and installed the ART and it's my favorite. Shoots weel even with cheap ammo and a stock chrome line GI bbl.

Hey NoExpert, how is the range with the short bbl? I have one of these with NM Springfield and a std. length bbl.

I have a Krieger 18.5" medium weight barrel on it. It does well out to 600 yards and surplus ammo, and pretty good to 800 yards with 168gr. match ammo.

Not sure about where to find a new one, but buying used isn't always a bad idea...

I prefer the ARMS 18 mount, it's the lowest mount u can buy for the m14 platform. I don't care for the other mounts because they really increase the scope height making it impossible to get a fair cheek weld without a riser.
With the ARMS mount u can see your sights over the rail. They are hard to find but the old split rail version is better than the newer full rail.
I also like ARMS 22 low rings with that combination. As far as a scope, go for a Leupold mk 4 or a vortex viper, don't get a huge objective lens... No bigger than 44

IIRC there was at least one for sale in the "for sale" section recently.