• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

where did all the .223 55gr bullets go?

winterhorse290

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2011
seems somebody has either cornered the market of has shut down production on .223 55gr bulk bullets. happend kind of fast. got an order of 2000 two months ago and then nada.
what the f#*k is going on?

Re: where did all the .223 55gr bullets go?

Midway has there dogtown 55gn bullets on sale! If your looking for bulk plinking bullets. They shoot fine

never mind, grafs just got them in stock. hope to order more than i,ll need til november

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tnichols</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Election coming up.</div></div>

Soap Box. Ballot Box. Bullet Box.

Probably just stocking up before the new UN Arms control treaty is enforced.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winterhorse290</div><div class="ubbcode-body">seems somebody has either cornered the market ... on .223 55gr bulk bullets. </div></div>

My bad, Sorry.

I stocked up a few weeks ago.

Order a case from Montana Gold.

hi-techammo.com has some random 5.56, some pulled some new. pretty good prices on surplus powder too. great place to get your "plinking" componets cheap

I've loaded and shot a lot of that WC844 when it was $36 for 8lbs, those were the days.
Hitech ammo isda bunch of good guys too, never had an issue with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've loaded and shot a lot of that WC844 when it was $36 for 8lbs, those were the days.
Hitech ammo isda bunch of good guys too, never had an issue with them. </div></div>

How long ago did yo buy it for $36 for 8 lbs?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've loaded and shot a lot of that WC844 when it was $36 for 8lbs, those were the days.
Hitech ammo isda bunch of good guys too, never had an issue with them.</div></div>

Ditto that. I've just used the last of the WC844 I bought about ten years ago from them, I seem to recall it being under $50 for 8 lbs.

Dan at Hi-Tech has ALWAYS been helpful and responsive to emails/calls.

Stuff's packed well and ships fast.

kinda feel bad now, 5100 of the little bastard have been dropped of on my front porch. not the good stuff or pulls. but this junk is for close(r) than my 12ga will reach. outside that it,s m700 one at a time.