• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where did all the shotgun ammo go?

MK20

Major Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2018
    The land of many waters
    I know defensive loads are going to be more scarce. I hunt waterfowl and like to do some practice shooting before the season starts with cheap target loads.

All those loads are gone or stupid expensive. Are all those components being redirected to production of “more popular” ammo? I don’t see such an increased demand for 3” 20 ga #2 waterfowl loads for example.

Am I missing something and when do you expect to see cannot come back for hunting shotshells?

The popular choices of steel shot seem to be hard to find, pricing throughout the ammo industry has went up.

Not so much that it’s being sold in higher volumes (though there is some of that too), it’s primarily because capacity and resources are being diverted to produce ammo in greater demand … lower supply.

Same for the oddball rifle and pistol calibers…

Seriously, how is this a surprise to anyone by now? When panic sets in, reason goes out the window.

Does anyone remember toilet paper a year ago?

My son shoots a flat each week for practice. 2 years ago I bought out 2 different Academy’s right before dove season and squirreled away a few over 50 flats. Can’t do that this year because of ‘the panic’ but thankfully the team has a source we can buy from. Shotgun Ammo is out there, even if you have to wait on it.

I know defensive loads are going to be more scarce. I hunt waterfowl and like to do some practice shooting before the season starts with cheap target loads.

All those loads are gone or stupid expensive. Are all those components being redirected to production of “more popular” ammo? I don’t see such an increased demand for 3” 20 ga #2 waterfowl loads for example.

Am I missing something and when do you expect to see cannot come back for hunting shotshells?
    Really......

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Doc

I have been buying 00 buckshot for good prices over the past two months and have not seen a shortage of shotgun ammo. Of course prices are not pre-Covid but that is life. Look at ammoseek.com.

Lead target loads are easier to get now than they were a yr ago. I don't recall shotshells being such an issue with previous shortages.