• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where do these tags/titles come from?

EternusVigilantia

Sniper Curious
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
Lost
Where do the tags/titles under our names come from? Like all of a sudden I have one that says Hessian (I’m guessing like the mercenaries) and Belligerents. Some say minutemen, armchair-commando... just wondering.

• Haha
Reactions: SD Carpenter
Hessian: A member who had paid to use the site's full marketplace services. No worries, there is nothing "bad" with that particular title here.

Belligerents: Every registered member's default tag.

Minuteman: A newly registered member or someone who is still fairly new. (I joined in the December of last year and I still got that one.)

Header description lines, like the "Urban Cowboy" in mine, is editable and customizeable to each person's liking. If you don't customize your header, you will just get a default "Private", if you are new, or "Sergeant of the Hide", once you have passed 100 posts.

Hope that clears it up...

ETA: I realize you had been a member for some time but had not logged in for a while, right? The HMFIC had made some big changes to the site's layout around last January and February to make it a lot more user friendly. That is where the new tags are coming from. At least you did not get an unpleasant surprise to your account, like my old one on AR15.COM. I had been a member there since they started, but around 2011, a lot of accounts were locked due to some reset that had taken place and erased everybody's passwords. Other accounts had their post counts reset to zero or large swaths of archived posts deleted. That was also the time AR15.com had become really full of whiners and snowflakes and I figured I am going to take my ass back to the trad hunter, 1911, and black powder revolver forums where I always had lived, LOL...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sgt47
The banned banner, means you tried to use a .45 1911 pistol against a guy with a 20" 308 rifle. :)

1579786058398.png

R

Header description lines, like the "Urban Cowboy" in mine, is editable and customizeable to each person's liking. If you don't customize your header, you will just get a default "Private", if you are new, or "Sergeant of the Hide", once you have passed 100 posts.
How far up do those go, anyway? I've been a Gunny Sergeant for a bit now and I don't remember when that changed.

The banned banner, means you tried to use a .45 1911 pistol against a guy with a 20" 308 rifle. :)

Well, a .45 through the heart, brain, or spine or a .308 through the same regions will not be any different to the recipient. It is the speed of the draw, locking on, and trigger pull that counts.
biggrin.gif

I will rather face 'Snackbar' Ahmed with a beltfed .308 than Wild Bill Hickok with a .45 SAA any day.