• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where do you buy your reloading supplies?

chungus

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2022
Texas
I have been ordering things from midway and mid south. What other online retailers have a wide variety of reloading stuff ? It is always hit and miss on what powders, primers and projectiles are in stock so I was just wondering other good places to check.

also scheels, bluecollarreloading, precisionreloading, ammoseek, shootingbot
local bass pro for primers

shootingbot.com I setup what I typically need or are looking for, and it provides a list of retailers or online suppliers that typically have it in stock and whether they currently have any. If everyone is out of stock, it will notify me via email when it's back. I find it incredibly handy instead of spending hours searching the internet on my own.

I check Midsouth, Powder Valley, and Grafs in that order. Additionally, Scheel's seems to have a good selection of reloading supplies, been shopping there for Lapua brass recently. Usually in stock!

Back in the day Midsouth, Grafs, and Powder Valley would have the best deals. If I was buying in quantity, they'd be the go-to places for primers and powder. Midway and RMR would often have the best deals on the bullets I wanted, but I wasn't buying 9mm or 223, nor was I buying fired brass, so there are other sources for those.

Since things have changed, there's no consistent sources for anything nor is there consistent pricing. Cabelas, Scheels, and Sportsmans can win against hazmat and shipping that others charge, but if I'm buying in bulk, Powder Valley and Midsouth can still win. I use ammoseek, but it doesn't have all the sources. I check Brownells, Midway, Midsouth, Natchez, Grafs, and Powder Valley. There are also a lot of smaller sources that ammoseek and other bots will bring up.

Deals are where you find them. I'm trying to buy primers right now, but a lot of the local sources have a limit of 1000 and I need a lot more. I can get quantity at 10 cents, but I'm looking for under 7. I found 6.3 cents for SR earlier this month at Cabelas and bought many thousands, but they haven't fulfilled the order yet.

I've bought about 6 pounds of powder locally and paid way too much (~$50/pound). Once I've done load development, I'll buy powder in bulk (~24 pounds). If things are similar to the way they are now, that will probably go to Powder Valley.