• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Where does Foliage green work better than coyote t

alfred10

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
What areas would Foliage green work better than Coyote Tan? I have the chance to get a super deal on a pack and its Foliage Green. FYI my AO is woodlands, brush, grasslands and such areas that are inherient to the North Eastern US.

Re: Where does Foliage green work better than coyote t

Anywhere with grass... or trees... or other green things. Where in NC are you finding desert?

I don't understand your question.

from anywhere there is green foliage usually about knee to hip height up, mostly in the late spring and summer.

i always figured all areas start with dirt, which is usually tan / brown. under clutter (sitcks, leaves, logs, etc.) are generally brown / tan in color, and is located knee height or lower, generally where one does any shooting / hunting in the prone position down in that clutter.

i always liked a tan / light brown color as a base, and then add the greens over it, just like the natural environment.

if you actually need to be camoflaged, theres always colored "ghillie strips" you can add for the splash of color and texture.

remember there's 4 seasons in the NE, with half of spring and fall being browner toward the winter portion. more tan / brown throughout the year compared to green. rocks too (unless moss covered) are generally in the tan / brown scheme also.

I've found that both are excellent muted earthtones that are effective in a wide range of environments.

Foliage works great in urban and rocky/mountainous regions. It also does very well during the winter seasons here in MI. Only time I've noticed foliage really standing out was in heavy woodland areas where overall tones were dark and bold.

Overall, both blend well. If I had to pick, I'd give Coyote a slight edge as being a better universal tone in natural environments. However, foliage wins if used in urban terrain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWRC556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What areas would Foliage green work better than Coyote Tan? I have the chance to get a super deal on a pack and its Foliage Green. FYI my AO is woodlands, brush, grasslands and such areas that are inherient to the North Eastern US. </div></div>

Honestly,

If you can not look around and tell, well I hope you got some hunter orange.

Or something.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i always figured all areas start with dirt, which is usually tan / brown. under clutter (sitcks, leaves, logs, etc.) are generally brown / tan in color, and is located knee height or lower, generally where one does any shooting / hunting in the prone position down in that clutter.

i always liked a tan / light brown color as a base, and then add the greens over it, just like the natural environment.</div></div>

Exactly! Always been my theory too. Well put.

I like both. I usually use a mix of both colors in various pouches.

I've pretty much settled on foliage green for packs / nylon. It blends and is versatile enough for my uses. Does it work better than coyote? I dunno... but I wear my packs and stuff hunting... and don't care to have deer / elk colored brown on my back!
wink.gif

Worth a thought if you hunt, or spend time in the backcountry during a hunting season.