• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where has all the ai chassis gone?

Mj30wilson900

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Missouri
    So either America has gone on an accuracy international buying spree or ai is not pumping many parts out. Chassis systems are back ordered unless you want black. The thumbhole upgrade is out of stock many places.
    A accuracy international rem chassis in black sold for over $1800 on eBay when msrp with thumbhole upgrade is a little over $1600.
    I heard they just got another factory online so in reality their shout be an influx of new product.
    Chassis colors like green are not back order able in many sites.
    Anyone have the Inside scoop on lack of product?

The Left Hand versions have been discontinued. Can’t say for the rest.

If anyone from AI reading. Bring back left handed chassis! And Rifles!!

Reactions: Tperry
    I figured they discontinued the thumb hole option kit because I haven't seen one available for years.

Not the 2.0 folding chassis with thumb hole upgrade kit

They have folding chassis in both SA and LA right on the site. The thumbhole kits are sold separately and you might have to wait for them. It’s pretty typical having to backorder stuff in this industry and wait. Is it really that big of an inconvenience? Do you know how many people are waiting on AT-X folding hinges?

You’re making a big deal out of some really trivial shit.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
    They have folding chassis in both SA and LA right on the site. The thumbhole kits are sold separately and you might have to wait for them. It’s pretty typical having to backorder stuff in this industry and wait. Is it really that big of an inconvenience? Do you know how many people are waiting on AT-X folding hinges?

You’re making a big deal out of some really trivial shit.
    Wasn’t really making a big deal out of it was just asking a question as I have seen a drastic decrease is quantity of accuracy international stuff in stock at Europtic and mile high their main distributors in the USA.

It’s as simple as they’re making what sells and dealers/distributors are stocking what sells. Sure some may still want an AT chassis with thumbholes but most want the AT-X chassis which is vastly superior, so that’s what you’re going to see supported the most.

If an AT AICS with thumbholes is what you desire then it would probably be a good idea to buy the chassis that’s currently available and backorder the thumbhole skins and also watch the classifieds here for a set to pop up because who knows when or if they’ll be available again.

I’ve been in the AI game a long time, I got my first AICS 2.0 chassis in 2003 when tacpro was the sole source and it took over a year to get. The AW and AWSM I had around the same time took even longer. Chassis and rifles on the second hand market were selling for half again more or better simply because they were so hard to get.

Given the niche market of these sort of things and the amount of companies competing in the chassis market I think we’re lucky to have the availability we do.