• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where have all the knights gone?

Mj30wilson900

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Missouri
    In the midst of this pandemic and the looming election it seems everywhere I look knights armament is out of stock. Non ambi knights lowers are selling on gunbroker for $500 to $800 when just 6 months ago they were $210. Uppers that sold for $1700 now sell for $2500 plus. Would people pay if it were any other name? Doubtful. I think it says something about the brand and the guns when even in these sparse times they can still sell. I acquired my first knights in pieces. I bought my non ambi lower and all knights lower parts. Then found the lower to be out of spec the knights trigger guard rattled badly obviously the hole was to big. So I sent it back no big deal. Second one came a month later and again same issue. Sent it back and was told I had to buy a complete ambi upper from them. So I sold all my knights stuff and bought the ambi upper. Once received I went from doubter to believer. Everything was the tightest I have ever seen. No rattle just built right. I slapped my knights upper bought separately on the lower and no rattle. No movement. First time at the range I popped up the peeps and shot 5 times and was on a sheet of paper at 100. Dialed it I. A couple clicks and it has been working without fault ever since. I have been looking to add a mod 1 LPR but they have dried up. So I know why I guess people buy and hold on to their knights. They just run and in these times we may just need them too.

Yeah, I planned on getting a couple KAC uppers for my lowers. Still do, just not in a hurry. And I deal direct with KAC anyway, so the wait is usually the same.

But based on what you said, fuck, I oughta just sell the seven lowers I have for what, $4200!? Are you SERIOUS? Is that what they're asking or what they're getting? Only paid $180 when they first came out... I can live with LMT's or Noveske. And another $3000 or so!

Truth be told, Noveske actually makes the best forged lower on the market. Quality is there and every one of them is identical in every way. No slop. IMO, they're the best "standard" (non-proprietary shit) AR mfg. out there. Probably sold out too.

This country is gearing up for war. I predict LOTS of high end shit for the taking if it pops off. Never fired, only dropped once... And if it doesn't, then lots of tards and nerds and former wannabes selling high end shit for pennies on the dollar in order to pry the legs open on their 300lb wife or finance some new tard shit... Swords into plowshares and all.

Yeah, I planned on getting a couple KAC uppers for my lowers. Still do, just not in a hurry. And I deal direct with KAC anyway, so the wait is usually the same.

But based on what you said, fuck, I oughta just sell the seven lowers I have for what, $4200!? Are you SERIOUS? Is that what they're asking or what they're getting? Only paid $180 when they first came out... I can live with LMT's or Noveske. And another $3000 or so!

Truth be told, Noveske actually makes the best forged lower on the market. Quality is there and every one of them is identical in every way. No slop. IMO, they're the best "standard" (non-proprietary shit) AR mfg. out there. Probably sold out too.

This country is gearing up for war. I predict LOTS of high end shit for the taking if it pops off. Never fired, only dropped once... And if it doesn't, then lots of tards and nerds and former wannabes selling high end shit for pennies on the dollar in order to pry the legs open on their 300lb wife or finance some new tard shit... Swords into plowshares and all.

Kac battlefield pick ups ftw!!!

There is a KAC upper for $1450 in the PX.

Have seen several in past 2-3 weeks for pretty normal prices.

Im not as convinced as Strykervet of what is best. Though he knows a crap ton more about ARs than me.
    Kinda like a Honda vs a Porsche.
    But perhaps there is crap I dont know.

That said, I am pretty impressed by the one I have.

The only KAC parts I need are the barrel, bolt and URX. Sadly I have to buy uppers to get them.

Seems like a good time for republicans to vote on the hpa to get suppressors off the nfa list.

Lol why would the Dems or repubs ever want to get rid $200 bucks a pop guaranteed money wether you are approved or not? Gun control has 0 to do with guns and everything to do with taking money from people who have money...in other words it's about taxes

I have seen a few on the forums here and there for sale as well as some individual receivers but like everything else it is all out of stock unless you’re willing to pay a premium on gun broker. I understand that people are buying like crazy but it just seems odd the whole market is backordered

It's simple economics...demand is greater than supply. I am going over 12 weeks waiting for my Hesco lvl 4 body armor plates to ship from backorder. Glad I bought them when I did. I know LMT shared a picture on their instagram showing a brand new CNC machine to help with the increased demand. As people keep buying up more guns, I think to myself, how many does a person expect to be able to keep secure/take with them?

I have been overhauling my setups for the past year and a half. Down to a couple SBR's and pistols to outfit the wife and I. If you're just now trying to get into the higher end AR game, you're late to the party is an understatement. There are some for sale now-and-then but like you said, you're paying an even higher premium.

Some people just never listen when you tell them to buy quality first time around.

not odd at all. various ar companies geared up production in years past, only to lose their ass and be stuck with inventory after the election.

all that being said, this is different. anyone that wants to see knows why.

First it was the cheap fully assembled guns. Followed shortly behind by the cheap uppers and lowers. Then, the top tier assembled rifles. Then, the top tier components... As the lower end and/or more difficult to assemble dries up, the more costly (time, effort, etc) becomes more reasonable.

I would pay a premium for a lpr 18” as I have been saving for a while and the wife finally gave me the go ahead. Just dawned on me that maybe she knows stuff is hard to get now. Damn she did me wrong!

3A602537-22AD-413C-82D8-910F20573043.png

• Wow
    Reactions: Dewey7271
    This is what I am talking about. Brownells has this at $210 plus the knights trigger guard another $70 so $280 but listed for $800 wow

In the midst of this pandemic and the looming election it seems everywhere I look knights armament is out of stock. Non ambi knights lowers are selling on gunbroker for $500 to $800 when just 6 months ago they were $210. Uppers that sold for $1700 now sell for $2500 plus. Would people pay if it were any other name? Doubtful. I think it says something about the brand and the guns when even in these sparse times they can still sell. I acquired my first knights in pieces. I bought my non ambi lower and all knights lower parts. Then found the lower to be out of spec the knights trigger guard rattled badly obviously the hole was to big. So I sent it back no big deal. Second one came a month later and again same issue. Sent it back and was told I had to buy a complete ambi upper from them. So I sold all my knights stuff and bought the ambi upper. Once received I went from doubter to believer. Everything was the tightest I have ever seen. No rattle just built right. I slapped my knights upper bought separately on the lower and no rattle. No movement. First time at the range I popped up the peeps and shot 5 times and was on a sheet of paper at 100. Dialed it I. A couple clicks and it has been working without fault ever since. I have been looking to add a mod 1 LPR but they have dried up. So I know why I guess people buy and hold on to their knights. They just run and in these times we may just need them too.

DD PDW 300blk were selling for 2500 on gunbroker, its not just knights...pretty much everything in high demand people are getting bent over if they want it. Same for the MK18.

Glad I got my KAC lower, with trigger guard and 2-stage trigger for $450 about a year ago.

Broke down & lets loose of some cash, eh Dude?????????

Very nice, congrats; via Kelley?

I'm fond of the LaRue grips as well.........just wished they had a closed bottom.

Does that qualify as a "high end truck gun"???? ;)

MM

No I bought this from another member -J-moose, he had both brand spanking new in the box. And that's where they will stay for now. I usually don't buy from Chuck at Kelly's I just go direct from KAC but I wanted this like yesterday so I paid the extra to get it, and I really just lucked out cuz I have a QD MAMS Brake, Chrome KAC SR15 Sand Cutter Carrier, and a KAC Hand stop arriving next week.

Reactions: Jsp556
    No I bought this from another member -J-moose, he had both brand spanking new in the box. And that's where they will stay for now. I usually don't buy from Chuck at Kelly's I just go direct from KAC but I wanted this like yesterday so I paid the extra to get it, and I really just lucked out cuz I have a QD MAMS Brake, Chrome KAC SR15 Sand Cutter Carrier, and a KAC Hand stop arriving next week.
    That will be a sweet rig...............the Sand Cutter carriers are very nice too.

MM

Wait..... Didn't you start a thread calling out kac owners lol? Please tell me you got this too shoot your own call out challenge against your JP's?

Lol...

No it's just the over priced SR25's I talk shit about, if you look back you'll see I've done a few range reports on the SR15's, just about every quality AR15 is around $1900-2300 so why buy anything else?? I'm sure as fuck not going to pay LaRue, DD, Or even JP that kind of money especially since I can build just as good if not better then the above names. KAC is the only system that can't really be built or improve upon for it's intended use, BUT!! a LaRue OBR 5.56 Upper with a CLE Krieger Barrel on a SR15 Lower is about as good as it gets.

Mod1 LPR’s pop up on GB all the time. There were a few within the past few weeks. If I were you, I’d try and grab a Mod0 on GB. There’s a handful of those bad boys right now.

The big money KAC’s are for anything that has an OEM Dimpled barrel, basically. You gotta pay to play when it comes to those rifles.

Whining about it on here isn’t going to get you any closer to one 😉.

Make sure you grab some lube so it won’t hurt as much....

Last edited:
    I would love to buy a mod 1 lpr on gunbroker but they have all dried up. The mod 0s just don’t do it for me as the hand guard is to wide after covers are put on rails. I would buy one from another member but have yet to see one on here either.

I would buy one from another member but have yet to see one on here either.

Not real likely to either.

Mine would probably be the absolute last rifle left if I were to ever have to let the others go.

Keep checking GB & Guns International twice a day...............one will eventually show up but likely at an inflated price for the foreseeable future.

MM

Mod1 LPR’s pop up on GB all the time. There were a few within the past few weeks. If I were you, I’d try and grab a Mod0 on GB. There’s a handful of those bad boys right now.

The big money KAC’s are for anything that has an OEM Dimpled barrel, basically. You gotta pay to play when it comes to those rifles.

Whining about it on here isn’t going to get you any closer to one 😉.

Make sure you grab some lube so it won’t hurt as much....
    What about barrels dimpled by Marvin Pitts his name keeps popping up when I research dimpled barrels.

I would pay a premium for a lpr 18” as I have been saving for a while and the wife finally gave me the go ahead. Just dawned on me that maybe she knows stuff is hard to get now. Damn she did me wrong!
    You’ll have to cause mine was 2600 before this mess kicked off.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
    You’ll have to cause mine was 2600 before this mess kicked off.
    I agree is is a rare duck but many people want the tactical shorter barrels so probably even less were made. I just like target shooting more than looking tactical.

@ 2 weeks ago I saw an NIB LPR go for @ $3,200 on GB o_O

That said I thought I saw an upper in the FS section here the other day that looked pretty clean. Probably gone now.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900