• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

where have all the MATEN's gone?

kmontang

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2014
Dallas, TX
so for about the last 3 months, I have been in search of a MATEN (mega arms) billet upper, lower, and (preferably) keymod rifle length/extended handguard for a .308 build I am attempting to put together. I say attempting because its REALLY HARD to build an AR without an upper or lower! can anyone toss me a hint at where I could find this product? suggestions for a price/quality similar product are appreciated as well

Look into the SI defense gen 4 complete upper and lower, I have it and like it a lot, they might be able to ship it today or no later than Monday

Your best bet for a Maten Extended Rifle will likely be to get on the "Notify" lists as places like Rainier Arms, JoeBobOutfitters, and the like and then be prepared to pounce when you get the e-mail notice. They are tough to find although if you run through the last month or so's threads in the Semi-auto section of the forum, I seem to recall that someone found inventory not long ago (can't recall where to save my life, but its there somewhere for the finding).

As for SI Defense, they make a quality product that I have helped friends put together in the past with great success. They are DPMS pattern, with their uppers based on the DPMS "high" profile receiver height. They are not, however, going to be like the Maten setup though in terms of the handguard setup/mounting/etc., but they offer a cost-effective solution if you can't find or don't want to wait to find your Maten that you are after right now.

Tieronearms.com
Hit him up. He usually sells out of them before they make it to his website. Id also add that the monolithic maten set is about as good as it gets in the ar 10 platform.

any idea what the SI's cost? not listed on their website, and no one is picking up the phone.

Im on several of the "notify" lists as well. I REALLY want the MATEN, but I also would like to get this finished at some point in this lifetime, so if I have to switch to a different product I suppose I will.

any idea what the SI's cost? not listed on their website, and no one is picking up the phone.

The basic, annodized used to be ~$550-575 if I recall correctly...the NP3/NiB sets were ~$650. Not sure why they don't have their prices listed anymore unless they are getting geared up to go "dealer only" with no direct sales.

Like anything worthwhile you have to be patient and persistent in looking for what you want.
Been there done that with all my MA TEN's.
It doesn't stop with the set either, quality BCG's, quality barrels are hard to get too.
Keep looking it will appear.
Just be ready to buy when you see it.
Good Luck.

purchased. thanks for the help Three57

I got a decent barrel on the way (rainier ultra match 18) and trigger (SSA from Geisselle). dont have my heart set on a BCG yet.

I just today picked up my Mega Maten AR10 that I have been having built for a while now. its the billet upper/lower with the extended keymod rail. The rest of the goodies include JP 18" Supermatch barrel with the adjustable gas system and lmos bolt group. Also has the PRI Gas Buster charging handle.

Its a sweet setup, cant wait to shoot it.

btw, hello to the group. just realized this is my first post
E