• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Where/How to carry Knife?

Bigwheels

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2007
    Anacortes WA
    I'm wondering how, & where you OP's carry your survival/combat knife?
    I just recieved my Top's with 7" blade.

Re: Where/How to carry Knife?

Depends. On my pack. On my vest. Depends on loadout.

On my pack, its MOLLE'd on where I can reach it with the pack on.

On my vest, its horizontally carried under my admin pouch.

Drop Sheath on your strong side. If you have a molle slab with a holster there, move it slightly forward and the blade fits behind the holster. I also carried a larger blade weak side from the belt with no interferance from IBA. Then again, that famous 'Marine'/'Rambo' carry on teh molle at the left shoulder upside down works.
    Really though, drop leg, right side and put the gun left side, appendix on the vest.

Which knife dod you get? I love the TOP's blades. My Scalpel rides left side, sideways of the belt buckle, and my Dawn Warrior goes right high on the belt, or right side, back hip.

Not to hijack this thread.but... +1 on TOPS stuff. I have a Tom Brown, and when i bought it I though "well I just wasted 250.00" Not at all the case. Rock solid. For a production knife they sure look and act like a custom.

as for carrying straight blades I don't do it often here in NJ. No reason to, but when we go to Maine in the woods I generally like it strong side behind the pistol holster. I also like it horizontally across the lower of my back.

I got a B.E.S.T.(Black Eagle Strike Team). I like it. Thing is a tank. Just trying to figure out where to carry it. I carry my pistol on my thigh strong side, so I can't carry it there. I'm not a big guy. Was thinking of thigh carry on the weak side. Also thinking of getting another sheath for it. Don't really care for the one it came with. Any suggestions on that?

Get a Spec Ops brand Ballistic nylon or make your own from Kydex. I have one(Spec Ops Brand) for my KBar and it rides left or right just fine.
    I am 5-11 and 175 pounds, decently 'athletic' build, not a really big individual. If I were you, I would move the pistol to left crossdraw and carry the knife strong right. Other option is knife at crossdraw with a kydex sheath(you make it, you do it how you want). If all I am carrying is a knife, I prefer crossdraw. If it's a pistol, SOB or appendix on the vest.

For that 9" a kydex that tilts would be the way to go, but thepack or hyd molle would be best if you have it. 9" is a lot of knife, as is 7". Me, I prefer my blades a little shorter these days. So much easier to carry and can be carried a lot more places too

Folder in pocket, 7" fixed IWB at 1:30, lefty I am. Anything larger appendix carry IWB or pack. have carried 10"IWB at appendix, but usually on vest or on pack.

If you can manipulate a few simple handtools and the process, do it. I plan on making my own for a few blades I have, one especailly for a boot mount

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_54_137

These kits rock

kk-kysk-550.jpg

Trek Lok Belt kit lets you hang it up, sideways, and down as well as angled

tekl_1_550.jpg

Man, you guys carry some huge friggin knives! I thought size didnt matter.

Bitches been lying to me.

Yes she has been lying!! Not only length but girth is impotent!!
    Eagle Industries has some great ballistic Nylon Sheaths, Kydex is cood, can mark up blade, have made a few with felt liner to prevent scratching.