• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where is my larue!

TreeClimber300

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
North Carolina
I ordered a Larue predator in a 308 with an 18 inch barrel back in November of 2012. I knew that I was going to have to wait a while when I ordered this rifle but had no idea it would be this long. Been 14 months and no ETA at all. Anyone here got any info or having the same problem?

I ordered my 16 inch 7.62 OBR on Oct 25th of 2012 (It was paid in full that same day). I received it 4 days before Christmas. I did the lower early but did not opt into the field grade. So that was a match grade barrel. I hope that helps you.

A week before the OBR's arrival I snagged a GAP 10. Sold the OBR a week later. LaRue was very rude with me and my FFL until he grab some lady in management. GA Precision has been the most amazing customer support I have had, in any venue! Either Ken Lin or George has called me back every time.
Just my two cents...

Huge massive thread over on ARF about this...

Here is, perhaps, the thread that BUP is referring to (at least this is the "unofficial tracking thread" with a lot of info for you...plenty of other threads all over the interweb that are filling with name-calling, Larue bashing craziness that you could start reading now and be dead before you finish...much less before you actually receive your rifle!! ;) ): New (un)official order tracking thread plus rifle tracking thread - AR15.COM

Good luck and God speed! If it makes you feel any better, people seem to be cancelling orders on a regular basis so with any luck, they are all ahead of you in line and are helping move you closer to the queue. ;)

I think they shipped a few just to shut people up and stopped. The fanboys will shout down anyone that asks a question. Kinda funny with Marks smugness that he can't make a button rifled barrel that competes with LW...much less a Broughton. If he wasn't so self important, he would order a pallet of barrels and fill back orders.

I'm no fanboy ( this is my first rifle from him) but the reports show his barrels are pretty good. I whole heartedly agree with you on your last point.

I ordered my 16 inch 7.62 OBR on Oct 25th of 2012 (It was paid in full that same day). I received it 4 days before Christmas. I did the lower early but did not opt into the field grade. So that was a match grade barrel. I hope that helps you.

A week before the OBR's arrival I snagged a GAP 10. Sold the OBR a week later. LaRue was very rude with me and my FFL until he grab some lady in management. GA Precision has been the most amazing customer support I have had, in any venue! Either Ken Lin or George has called me back every time.
Just my two cents...

Here is, perhaps, the thread that BUP is referring to (at least this is the "unofficial tracking thread" with a lot of info for you...plenty of other threads all over the interweb that are filling with name-calling, Larue bashing craziness that you could start reading now and be dead before you finish...much less before you actually receive your rifle!! ;) ): New (un)official order tracking thread plus rifle tracking thread - AR15.COM

Good luck and God speed! If it makes you feel any better, people seem to be cancelling orders on a regular basis so with any luck, they are all ahead of you in line and are helping move you closer to the queue. ;)

I am thinking about cancelling myself. If I knew of another lightweight AR10 that would shoot like I wanted I would cancel for sure. O well it better be worth the wait. Thanks for the responses.

If you are wanting an AR-10 that is accurate but is light weight? I would drop the LaRue and grab you a JP LRP-07. Gunbroker has 3 or 4 right now for about the same price as an OBR. To me it is an overall better weapon system. Plus ZERO wait time.

Side note: If you wanted a JP LRP-07 just the way you want it? Last I heard they have a NO BS 12 week wait list right now.

I agree get JP lrp-07... Just as, if not more accurate than the OBR.....Plus their customer service is the best I've seen......

Last edited:
I'll probably keep building my own, esp. if I can get my grubby mitts on a Seekins .308 upper/lower. But I do love me JP parts...and GAP, man, how could you go wrong?

Leaving work in 15 minutes to head to my FFL and pick up my 14.5 tOBR ordered 12/28/2012. They have shipped a bunch of 14.5 tOBR's the past week or so. It now looks like some 16's are starting to move.

If you are wanting an AR-10 that is accurate but is light weight? I would drop the LaRue and grab you a JP LRP-07. Gunbroker has 3 or 4 right now for about the same price as an OBR. To me it is an overall better weapon system. Plus ZERO wait time.

Side note: If you wanted a JP LRP-07 just the way you want it? Last I heard they have a NO BS 12 week wait list right now.

Thanks a lot! I have been looking in to these since you told me about them and I am going to cancel my order with larue and and go with the LRP-07.

I think you will be happy that choice. However, that LaRue dry rub is killer on some back strap!

If you can wait 12 weeks? I would just order exactly what you want from JP. Plus you know its unmolested and truly brand new.

IMO when it comes to AR rifles G A Precision and J P Enterprise stands alone at the top, and I am not alone.

I ordered my 16" OBR 7.62 in September 2012, paid in full and was told 6-8 weeks. I got the rifle a week before Christmas 2013 (14.5 months later) LaRue was rude, secretive, and unhelpful throughout the whole process. The rifle shoots amazingly and the machine work is top notch, but the whole ordeal makes it lackluster to me. It may be for sale soon as I just have a bad taste in my mouth from the whole clusterfuck that is LaRue Tactical. I had always wanted an OBR since they are made in TX, but I'll never buy another for sure. OP, AFAIK they are not making the light profile barrels for the Predatars yet. If I had it to do over, I'd have a GAP-10... and still may in the future.

82377A32-FF0F-46B9-AB10-9A23AE34DCB2-1499-0000040C2075F32C_zpsdb7cd64a.jpg

I canceled my order for a Larue PredatOBR 1 month ago. The order was placed on 8/1/12. Im sure its a great rifle, but there are others out there.

I think you will be happy that choice. However, that LaRue dry rub is killer on some back strap!

If you can wait 12 weeks? I would just order exactly what you want from JP. Plus you know its unmolested and truly brand new.

Haha I ordered a shirt and they sent me some dry rub a while back. Having tried it yet.

Where is my larue!

Why the hell would any of you wait that long for rifle from Larue? Okay, so they're good shooters, but they aren't made of unicorn horns so it's stupid wait that long for a rifle when there are others out there that are every bit as capable. If you've been waiting over a year for rifle from Larue, that is your own damn fault.

It would be one thing if they were custom rifles but that isn't the case.

Last edited:
Why the hell would any of you wait that long for rifle from Larue? Okay, so they're good shooters, but they aren't made of unicorn horns so it's stupid wait that long for a rifle when there are others out there that are every bit as capable. If you've been waiting over a year for rifle from Larue, that is your own damn fault.

It would be one thing if they were custom rifles but that isn't the case.

Yea I won't ever do that again. Live and learn. Gonna order my LRP next week! Can't wait.

I ordered my 16" OBR 7.62 in September 2012, paid in full and was told 6-8 weeks. I got the rifle a week before Christmas 2013 (14.5 months later) LaRue was rude, secretive, and unhelpful throughout the whole process. The rifle shoots amazingly and the machine work is top notch, but the whole ordeal makes it lackluster to me. It may be for sale soon as I just have a bad taste in my mouth from the whole clusterfuck that is LaRue Tactical. I had always wanted an OBR since they are made in TX, but I'll never buy another for sure. OP, AFAIK they are not making the light profile barrels for the Predatars yet. If I had it to do over, I'd have a GAP-10... and still may in the future.

You nailed it on the head my friend. I ordered my OBR when I was in Afghanistan (paid in full) Oct 25th of 2012 and could not wait for a Texan boy to put his hands on a Texas built AR. However, after the way they treated me and my FFL (who is my childhood best friend), I knew that when I looked at that firearm I would be pissed at whole experience. Plus if anything went wrong, I feared how warranty was going to be handled.

As for the fan boy thing. I was no one's fan boy. This was my first purchase of any high end weapon system, but would not be the last. I believe it was Dustin at GA Precision that I spoke to, told him my LaRue story, and, was thinking about switching to a GAP-10. He told me up front it would be 10-12 months before I could get one from them. He then linked me to SnipeHide's forum because someone was selling a GAP-10 on here, near me. Basically this guy (Dustin) went out of his way to help me find a product they produce. A product they had already been paid for and wouldn't make more money if it sold again. He just wanted me to be happy by owning their GAP-10, regardless of who sold it. Ken Lin and George have be awesome about returning my calls. George gave me the number to Mr. Christensen at SilencerCo to answer my suppressor questions.

The first time I had an issue with my GAP-10 I was called back the next day. I sent the photos of it showing the part. Three days later I had a new part sent to my house free of charge! Even though I didn't buy my GAP from them, but because their name was on it. IMO as a fellow Texan, the texas competitors should take notes.

Ordered my larue in August of 2012. I cancelled the order in September of 2013. I found one at the LGS for MSRP.

I'm happy with its performance.

I ordered one .308 P'tOBR in March 2012 and a second 16" in October of 2012. The first took 19 months and the second took 13 months. I also ordered a few others for friends. Payment was never required until the rifles were ready to ship. I guess those who had to pay up front were required to do so by the FFL through which they ordered the rifles.

Both of mine have the so-called "Field Grade" barrels. I have no idea when they will be supplied with the upgrade barrels.

I'm not in a hurry for one of them to have the barrel replaced. My 18" barrel leaves little to be desired in terms of accuracy. The 16" won't do better than 3/4 MOA, so its barrel extension will be pulled for a 6.5 CM barrel build planned. I'll eventually see the replacement Match Grade barrel for it, I'm sure... But I would like to have an idea of when.

I shot one of my the rifles a friend ordered, a 16" P'tOBR, that came with the better grade of barrel. The first group fired at 100 yards went 1/2" and it has continued to shoot that way for its new owner, using just a 2.5-10X32 Nightforce on top, not some giant scope like I need to use. The new owner is ecstatic, to say the least. Yet, the test target that came with his rifle was a really blah 0.992" three shot group.

Another rifle - this one an OBR - came in with the better barrel and an amazing 0.107" test target group. I didn't get to shoot it. That will be a trick to duplicate, one of which I don't think I'm even capable, even for just three shots.

Last edited:
I canx both of my TOBR orders a few months back. I may order another PredatAR 7.62 down the road, but was tired of waiting for an ever changing product and am not in a hurry to get back in line.

I canx both of my TOBR orders a few months back. I may order another PredatAR 7.62 down the road, but was tired of waiting for an ever changing product and am not in a hurry to get back in line.

I understand.

I hate both conflict and change. The barrel issue was especially frustrating for me, since I'd had such great luck with my two earlier Larue .308's, an OBR (sold when I got the second P'tOBR) and a PredatAR (Will never sell!!!). I wanted two more rifles with the same Lothar Walther barrels. Trigger? Even though I changed out the Geissele SSA's in both older Larue rifles for the Geissele NM versions, I wanted two spare SSA's, because I'm just used to them now.

But, the new Larue barrels show great promise, I'm happy to say. I've shot slightly better groups with my new 18" P'tOBR with its beater so-called "Field Grade" barrel than I did with the L-W barrel in my old OBR. The one Match Grade barrel equipped P'tOBR shot better yet. So, this issue is coming to a close.

The AR Gold trigger has truly devoted fans. It should, since it's a good trigger. Just not what I'm accustomed to using. I had no problem finding someone who would swap me two new SSA-E's for them. So, this problem is solved for me, as well.

My two rifle's current (NOT final) configurations:

IMG_3411.JPG

This 16" .308 barrel will eventually be replaced with a 24" Krieger 6.5CM barrel. The Nightforce F1 will move to the 18", below. A NF ATACR is on order for this rifle.

IMG_3221.JPG

My older P'tAR:

IMG_0406.jpg

This rifle is getting a new NF 2.5-10x42 NXS.

Last edited:
I want my predatar soo bad. I hate the wait, but I'll know it'll be worth it. I just like to support fellow Texans.

LGS has three LaRues on hand:

1) 12.5" 5.56 OBR
2) a Costa
3) 14.5" 7.62 tOBR w/ match grade barrel

I understand.

I hate both conflict and change. The barrel issue was especially frustrating for me, since I'd had such great luck with my two earlier Larue .308's, an OBR (sold when I got the second P'tOBR) and a PredatAR (Will never sell!!!). I wanted two more rifles with the same Lothar Walther barrels. Trigger? Even though I changed out the Geissele SSA's in both older Larue rifles for the Geissele NM versions, I wanted two spare SSA's, because I'm just used to them now.

But, the new Larue barrels show great promise, I'm happy to say. I've shot slightly better groups with my new 18" P'tOBR with its beater so-called "Field Grade" barrel than I did with the L-W barrel in my old OBR. The one Match Grade barrel equipped P'tOBR shot better yet. So, this issue is coming to a close.

The AR Gold trigger has truly devoted fans. It should, since it's a good trigger. Just not what I'm accustomed to using. I had no problem finding someone who would swap me two new SSA-E's for them. So, this problem is solved for me, as well.

My two rifle's current (NOT final) configurations:

IMG_3411.JPG

This 16" .308 barrel will eventually be replaced with a 24" Krieger 6.5CM barrel. The Nightforce F1 will move to the 18", below. A NF ATACR is on order for this rifle.

IMG_3221.JPG

My older P'tAR:

IMG_0406.jpg

This rifle is getting a new NF 2.5-1x42 NXS.

Your rifle pics, you braggart... Have I ever mentioned Morgan Fairchild?

jon-lovitz-is-jewish-f-58612.jpg

That year plus wait is why I built a Mega Maten with a 18" Lilja barrel. It's sub moa and I couldn't be happier.

I just can't see it, there are so many to pick from, right now right here, grab one an go shooting & be :rolleyes:

I ordered one over a year ago and decided to just get the OBR 18". I did received a call last Fri that the P'tOBR is here. I guess I'll go to the shop and pick it up next week.

Mark is lucky that has brand name has such a following. Most companies do not survive this kinda mess. The decision to start making his own barrels was a smart one, but I dont believe the way he did it made any sense.

I like Larue products, even if I dont like the mans attitude.

That being said, I have owned an OBR and a JP-LRP07.....hands down the LRP07 was a nicer rifle. The fit and finish are similar, both excellent.....but the Larue offering is really nothing more than a well made AR-10. Jon Paul's rifle is really a better evolution. With the side charging handle, silent capture spring, low mass bolt carrier, heat ex changer.....it is a more sophisticated and better shooting option.

Given the price is the same, there is no comparison....the LRP is a far better choice.

Add in the fact that there are LRP's available right now or a 12 week wait for one ordered right from JP and the fact that JP is a much better ambassador to the shooting sports and its a no brainer.

Jon Paul is a sincerely nice guy that contributes greatly to our sport, he would get my money every time over Larue.

For Thebelly, mind sending me the info on your LGS with the 12.5" OBR

I'm not a fanboy. Ordered mine in November of 2012. Received it two weeks ago. It shoots great. It's a half minute gun with factory federal smk 175. I am happy with the rifle. Great quality. It seems that most vocal posters in this forum dislike Larue. I'm agnostic and my experiences differ with some of the vocal posters.

I've got a 556 predatAR with the LW barrel and it shoots lights out. It's a great rifle. I actually snagged it from a LGS while I had been waiting a couple months into an order for one. I kind of lucked out in that regard. I would buy another but probably not with the field grade barrel bs and the ridiculous wait times that are going on these days.

In the .308 department I now have a JP LRP-07H. It's completely amazing. I've had a Noveske N6 and a GAP-10 in the past. I've shot a 7.62 OBR but never owned one. Every one of those suckers was huge, heavy and awkward. The JP is light and handles great. It's every bit as accurate as those others as well.

Never had to deal with Larue on a customer service issue but JP and GAP have been outstanding.

If was buying any AR right now I'd look really hard JP's offerings.

14 months for a Stealth upper Im canceling tomorrow. I build my own with a Kreiger barrel. I gave up. Im worried about them making their own barrels anyway. Ill stick with a proven company. The one I build was cheaper and shoots great.

Jon Paul took the time to discuss reloads over the phone before I even purchased a rifle.

Mark is lucky that has brand name has such a following. Most companies do not survive this kinda mess. The decision to start making his own barrels was a smart one, but I dont believe the way he did it made any sense.

I like Larue products, even if I dont like the mans attitude.

That being said, I have owned an OBR and a JP-LRP07.....hands down the LRP07 was a nicer rifle. The fit and finish are similar, both excellent.....but the Larue offering is really nothing more than a well made AR-10. Jon Paul's rifle is really a better evolution. With the side charging handle, silent capture spring, low mass bolt carrier, heat ex changer.....it is a more sophisticated and better shooting option.

Given the price is the same, there is no comparison....the LRP is a far better choice.

Add in the fact that there are LRP's available right now or a 12 week wait for one ordered right from JP and the fact that JP is a much better ambassador to the shooting sports and its a no brainer.

Jon Paul is a sincerely nice guy that contributes greatly to our sport, he would get my money every time over Larue.

A year to year n a half? For a rifle?

Not happening.

And after keeping up with little tidbits here n there, I'm truly surprised they are still in business.

Hope yours works when you get it!
I gave up on their CS....doesn't seem to be in their vocabulary.
Fixed it myself.... and no , it is no better accy. than my GAP10....but also like George's CS that too would be hard to beat !

I do hear that if you sign a non-disclosure agreement.....nevermind !! HA!
good liuck