• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where or who is buying all the ammo & loading supplies?

What really surprises me is the people gobbling up powder and primers.....who likely have no reloading equipment.
Over the next couple of years you will see dozens of posts of people blowing their firearms to pieces because they decided to get into the reloading game since they bought all that powder and primers.
Huh?

My gripe is with fuckers setting up bots to buy shit as soon as it hits, with no other intention than to Jack up the price 5x. I would bet a lot of these people don't even own a press. Primer availability is non- existant around here.
I'll not lie, I got caught sleeping on this shit last year. It was my intention to load up well before the election, but I missed my window of opportunity. I have signed up for in-stock notifications with every company I can find, but never get a heads-up. I have no intention of selling shit, I just want to load and shoot.
I hate to admit it, but I'm actually gonna start saving used primers so that when my meager stock is depleted, I can reload primers. I would have never believed that would be necessary. I love load development and target shooting, but I'm considering letting my range membership lapse because I'll not be able to load enough to get me through another year, and I'm not gonna use up my shtf stash just to punch paper.
Sorry for the lengthy rant, just needed to vent.

My gripe is with fuckers setting up bots to buy shit as soon as it hits, with no other intention than to Jack up the price 5x. I would bet a lot of these people don't even own a press. Primer availability is non- existant around here.
I'll not lie, I got caught sleeping on this shit last year. It was my intention to load up well before the election, but I missed my window of opportunity. I have signed up for in-stock notifications with every company I can find, but never get a heads-up. I have no intention of selling shit, I just want to load and shoot.
I hate to admit it, but I'm actually gonna start saving used primers so that when my meager stock is depleted, I can reload primers. I would have never believed that would be necessary. I love load development and target shooting, but I'm considering letting my range membership lapse because I'll not be able to load enough to get me through another year, and I'm not gonna use up my shtf stash just to punch paper.
Sorry for the lengthy rant, just needed to vent.

I just want to hit on the point you made about letting a membership lapse. In my state i had been taking advantage of the state-run ranges we could use with a hunting license and doing most of my training there. I had gone to several ranges time to time for long distance shooting(1400 yards) and indoor when it was convenient. This year i had the chance to join the OKCGC where they have ranges for everything. It basically covers all the other ranges i go to in one package. I applied months ago and finally got the chance to go to a newbie meeting. Unfortunately, with the way things are i think i am going to pass. No weekend tourneys and no extra training for me. Not knowing how things are going to turn out i am in conserve mode and back to Marine boot camp mode with snapping/sighting in and practicing mag changes.

I have been reloading for about 2 years on 45acp, 9mm, 308 and 223. I managed to stock up a bit of each, but not enough that i would feel good shooting it up without knowing if i could replace it. I ran out of spp long ago and even went to experimenting with remington 6 1/2 srp for 9mm loads(success btw). It is a little unnerving what is going on out there. My last trip to the busiest gun range in OKC had 2 people shooting in a range of 50 lanes that is usually packed. Shelves are cleaned out of ammo. If some drops it is gone in 15 minutes, no matter what it is. Rifles and handguns are down to nothing, with most dealers being relegated to selling used guns they scrape from the hands of people with recently deceased relatives or hand me downs. It is crazy. People saying this is a replay of days past are not telling themselves the truth or making good observations. This isn't the same and i don't know that it is coming back. The gun control crowd run all 3 lanes of government and don't seem to be letting up on the gas. On one hand, i feel more prepared than i otherwise would have been had it not been for this site and ar15.com. On the other, there has probably not been a worse time in my lifetime to try and get training or start competing.

This month started the gun range closures in the state. We have had a couple go out of business, indicators that more are hurting, and the trainers i have talked to seem to be looking for something else to do. The trainers are needed more now than they have probably ever been, but no one has ammo to play with. The biggest private gun club in OKC has opened up training for non-members. Not a big deal, but a sign maybe. I am sure there are tons of hoops to jump through to get a range open and within regulations. These places shutting down is not good. I am pretty certain of that. It all comes down to the supply chain though. As skitzy as it is, this is going to create a ton of problems. Without primers it doesn't really matter what bullet and powder stock i have. Also, i think the hoarders can go to hell as well. They should have a seat right next to the vultures that prey on hurricane victims.

I just want to hit on the point you made about letting a membership lapse. In my state i had been taking advantage of the state-run ranges we could use with a hunting license and doing most of my training there. I had gone to several ranges time to time for long distance shooting(1400 yards) and indoor when it was convenient. This year i had the chance to join the OKCGC where they have ranges for everything. It basically covers all the other ranges i go to in one package. I applied months ago and finally got the chance to go to a newbie meeting. Unfortunately, with the way things are i think i am going to pass. No weekend tourneys and no extra training for me. Not knowing how things are going to turn out i am in conserve mode and back to Marine boot camp mode with snapping/sighting in and practicing mag changes.

I have been reloading for about 2 years on 45acp, 9mm, 308 and 223. I managed to stock up a bit of each, but not enough that i would feel good shooting it up without knowing if i could replace it. I ran out of spp long ago and even went to experimenting with remington 6 1/2 srp for 9mm loads(success btw). It is a little unnerving what is going on out there. My last trip to the busiest gun range in OKC had 2 people shooting in a range of 50 lanes that is usually packed. Shelves are cleaned out of ammo. If some drops it is gone in 15 minutes, no matter what it is. Rifles and handguns are down to nothing, with most dealers being relegated to selling used guns they scrape from the hands of people with recently deceased relatives or hand me downs. It is crazy. People saying this is a replay of days past are not telling themselves the truth or making good observations. This isn't the same and i don't know that it is coming back. The gun control crowd run all 3 lanes of government and don't seem to be letting up on the gas. On one hand, i feel more prepared than i otherwise would have been had it not been for this site and ar15.com. On the other, there has probably not been a worse time in my lifetime to try and get training or start competing.

This month started the gun range closures in the state. We have had a couple go out of business, indicators that more are hurting, and the trainers i have talked to seem to be looking for something else to do. The trainers are needed more now than they have probably ever been, but no one has ammo to play with. The biggest private gun club in OKC has opened up training for non-members. Not a big deal, but a sign maybe. I am sure there are tons of hoops to jump through to get a range open and within regulations. These places shutting down is not good. I am pretty certain of that. It all comes down to the supply chain though. As skitzy as it is, this is going to create a ton of problems. Without primers it doesn't really matter what bullet and powder stock i have. Also, i think the hoarders can go to hell as well. They should have a seat right next to the vultures that prey on hurricane victims.
Yes. I’m worried about a lot of people making it out of this, whether it’s due to new shooters or not, it’s not good and imo plays into the hands of the grabbers.

The only ones with retarded chimp reactions are those who got caught with their pants down and their hands on their weiner.
You should write children's books,..............If you know how to read and write? Your command of the language is asstonishing. You're one of those retarded chimps I was referring in another post. Please don't plagiarize my postings, it's embarrassing to see what an illiterate you are and reduced to using another's postings.

How do you do it Skipper? Have someone read you the posts, then tell them what to type back in response with that eloquent prose of yours. You're truly a master of the written word and a very boring and predictable person.

Reactions: Sgtsideways
You should write children's books,..............If you know how to read and write? Your command of the language is asstonishing. You're one of those retarded chimps I was referring in another post. Please don't plagiarize my postings, it's embarrassing to see what an illiterate you are and reduced to using another's postings.

How do you do it Skipper? Have someone read you the posts, then tell them what to type back in response with that eloquent prose of yours. You're truly a master of the written word and a very boring and predictable person.

It really is nice living rent-free in your head.

Thank you

What really surprises me is the people gobbling up powder and primers.....who likely have no reloading equipment.
Over the next couple of years you will see dozens of posts of people blowing their firearms to pieces because they decided to get into the reloading game since they bought all that powder and primers.

Uh, most of them don't give a shit about reloading. They see a business opportunity and are capitalizing on it.

I'm well set, but I should have surplused enough to cash in.

I just figured it was “non-reloaders” buying primers at the ridiculous pricing I’ve seen. That gunbroker ad someone posted on here sticks out in my mind.
I want primers and powder as much as the next guy, but when I see the prices they’ve been going for, I have to bow out.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Saw some ammo at the gun show in Kerrville TX. $45.00, 20 rds, .308. Old box, so i opened it, bullets were corroded, brass nearly black. People are moving old shit, too.

I just figured it was “non-reloaders” buying primers at the ridiculous pricing I’ve seen. That gunbroker ad someone posted on here sticks out in my mind.
I want primers and powder as much as the next guy, but when I see the prices they’ve been going for, I have to bow out.
That's my feeling. I love to load and shoot, but I'll "reload" my used primers before I'll pay $300.00 per 1000 for primers. And you know it's the profiteers that are doing that. I have no problem with someone making a little money on a transaction, but the prices I'm seeing for ammo and components is absurd. I saw a while back, a smaller distributor, that I can't recall the name, had a stipulation that if you hadn't purchased from them in the past year, no primers. At least they're trying to look out for their loyal customers, and I know they're able to sell their inventory because they were out when I checked.

And yes, before I get blown up for my post, I'll admit some of this is sour grapes on my part. I should have done a better job of stocking up when I could have, but I had a lot of things going on at the time that prevented that huge buy I had planned on making. I just hope I can make it till this shit breaks and things return to sorta normal.

Reactions: Jethro3898
It really is nice living rent-free in your head.

Thank you
I'm quite sure living "rent-free" has been elevated to a new art form for you. Whether it be in you mommy's basement, the primate house at the local petting zoo, or Section 8 Housing on the tax payer's dime. YO!

I'm quite sure living "rent-free" has been elevated to a new art form for you. Whether it be in you mommy's basement, the primate house at the local petting zoo, or Section 8 Housing on the tax payer's dime. YO!

Is it comfortable up there?

i didn't worry about making "big" purchases over the last 4 years, but i did make small steady purchases. Amazing how they add up

Reactions: acudaowner
primers and powder and bullets oh my . primers and powder and bullets oh my .