• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where should I place my backorder of powder???

PharmShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2011
Muncie, IN
I know it's really difficult to get any H4350 or Varget right now, but where should I place my BACKORDER and hope they have it in stock quicker than other places? Thanks!

First narrow down which online retailers are even taking back orders. I placed a back order with MidSouth Shooters Supply in January for 2 - 8 lb. jugs of Varget. It was just filled a couple weeks ago. However, it still hasn't shipped yet since the Hornady bullets I also ordered haven't come in yet.

You could also backorder in more than one place and as soon as one order is filled, cancel the others.

More and more places are putting a halt on backorders, so if you find a place that still accepts them I'd say go for it while you can.
I been keeping an eye on Gunbot and specifically Natchez Shooters Supply for 22LR ammo and I'm beginning to believe that Gunbot may not get the in-stock notification until it's already sold out. I see ammo at Natchez on the gunbot site almost every day but it's always sold out by the time I see it and have never once caught it in stock even by refreshing the Natchez page every few minutes.

Getting email alerts by creating accounts has worked best for me on all powder and bullets purchased in the last 6 months. You do need to be able to get the alerts on respond quickly though,i.e. mobile phone handy. Good luck!
The gunbot.neet site is also one I looked at last week after someone on the hide mentioned it. Seems to be a good up to date site.

place a standing order at your local gun store that you know the guy is dependable and a "go to" kind of place (not like a chain gander mtn or something like that).

takes out the hazardous shipping fee too, meaning you can usually get more powder for the same $. you may have to wait a little longer, but the local hookup shouldn't be overlooked.

Bruno shooters has H4350 in stock right now. 10:39pm pacific time. Low stock though...

I don't think I would backorder anywhere it's slowly coming into local dealers I just got ten pounds of varget at $26 a pound

Yup...local guy called me and I bought a case of Varget at $24/pound. I shared the wealth with some local friends who now love me more than they did before.

Powder Valley had the following a while ago?
Alliant RL 17,19,22,25 & 33 ? Goodl luck

If I need powder I place a "notify me" note on maybe 4 or 5 sites. Whoever gets it first and notifies me, gets the sale. I've never ran out of powder.

Scheels in Des Moines is stocked up on powder right now. I picked up 16 lbs of h4350 yesterday at $25/lb.

I know it's really difficult to get any H4350 or Varget right now, but where should I place my BACKORDER and hope they have it in stock quicker than other places? Thanks!

I recommend Midsouth shooters supply. I placed a backorder with them for H4350 and H1000 about a month ago. I placed separate orders for each powder. My H1000 arrived last Thursday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk