• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where should i put my money? "strap-on" Cheek pad for rifle

Morten273

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2013
Denmark
Hello Sniper's Hide members I'm totally new on this forum. So if this thread is in the wrong category an Admin can move it as he/she wants to, and hello to everybody from the newbie here :)

I have some trouble with getting perfect sight alignment on my hunting rifle ( in look into the bases on the scope) So i thought, use some pipe foam (is it called that in english, a round hollow "pipe" of foam hihi) That helped me getting the perfect sight alignment, but it ain't that pretty. So now i want to buy some Cheek pad/cheek riser/ cheek rest/ammo pouch, or whatever you wanna call it, I have seen all of those names used for it.

I have some demands for it:
It may not ruin my wooden stock, so no drilling etc.
It must be adjustable in some way, whether there is some material you put under it, or you yourself can put some foam or something under it, but i have to be "easy" to do, and not complicated
It must fit to a monte carlo stock, or else i will not be able to use it

I have seen some diffrent ones, Eagle industries, Blackhawk, Beartooth, Triad tactical, accu-riser, but i dont now anything about them, which ones are worth throwing my money after?
And if they are sold in europe it would be nice! since i live in Denmark, and shipping+taxes from US makes the prices insane. (example a Triad sniper pouch would cost around 250 dollars with shipping, fees, taxes and everything, and i think that is quite expensive)

I really hope you could help me getting some nice gear! so i can be shooting better while have the best gear and not just some freaking foam

Greetings from Denmark
Morten
Sorry if my english ain't that good, but i hope you get the context

Morten, it seems the triad pack is highly recommended. i do not have personal experience, but it is quite popular.

It's not the problem to pay it, just annoys me that with shipping and everything they are so damn expensive, (quite good price in US though) Maybe i could find a friend here in Denmark whom is going to the US and can bring one with him home :)

here they are Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*All Triad Stock Packs™
can anyone explain the diffrences beetween them?

the stock pack vs the large stock pack what is the diffrences ? only a larger pack on the side? or are the straps longer on one of them? i don't think i need the modular one.

If you looked at shipping for a Triad Stock Pack™ to Denmark and came up with a total of $250.00, you did something wrong(unless your import taxes are $150.00). The only reason it would be that high would be if you looked at an expedited service from UPS. US Postal Service Priority Mail International should be much less than UPS.

As for the packs. The Triad options meet all of your requirements. There is also the added benefit of the zippered pouch to carry goodies in the field.
All of my hunting rifles have the internal loop version of the Triad Stock Pack™.
http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Stock-Pack.html

IMG_0073.jpg

There is also the option of the new Modular Stock Pack™, which allows you to reconfigure a single pack to multiple needs.
http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Modular-Stock-Pack.html

IMG_0892.jpg

If you have a Monte Carlo style stock, I do not reccomend the Triad Large Stock Pack™. It will be too big for your stock.

Last edited:
I'd go with the Bradley.
I had one of the soft rests...found it really didn't get my eye in line with my scope and it moved around a bit...so I couldn't get a consistent cheekweld.
I went for the universal Kydex (which works great), but since you don't want to put holes in your stock I think the Bradley would be the ticket.

I have a two stock packs from Triad and they are both great products.........but am I the only one who was drawn here by the words "strap-on" ?

Triad, if it gets "caught" in the customs, it will cost somewhere beetween 100 and 150 dollars, depending on the circumstances

if only it could be sent as a gift............. ;) then is there no taxes

I have a two stock packs from Triad and they are both great products.........but am I the only one who was drawn here by the words "strap-on" ?

It was the best way to get some attention hehe, I didn't know what else to call a cheek pad there is hold together with straps

Check around on the shipping as it should not be too expensive. I just had a pair of boots delivered from the UK and I received them in less than a week for 48 dollars.

I have this one in black: Buttstock Cheek Piece [20-9421] - : Voodoo Tactical &#153
If you want it I can see how much it will cost to ship it. It is new and unused as I purchased it for a .308 and never put it on. PM your address and I will swing by the local post office and see what they say.

Last edited:
Triad - You do not think it would be a problem that the straps are to short? becuase of the monte carlo stock?

I might just take the chance and buy the Triad stock pack with some extra material to add some extra height so i have it, if i need it its only 4 bucks extra, i hope i do not get caught in customs....

Just saw your reply!!

Check around on the shipping as it should not be too expensive. I just had a pair of boots delivered from the UK and I received them in less than a week for 48 dollars.

I have this one in black: Buttstock Cheek Piece [20-9421] - : Voodoo Tactical &#153
If you want it I can see how much it will cost to ship it. It is new and unused as I purchased it for a .308 and never put it on. PM your address and I will swing by the local post office and see what they say.

Hello there! I'd be interested please?
I'm in Sussex England - email = [email protected]
Is it still available please?

The straps are very adjustable. For example:

I use one on my Rem Mod #7, (the little lightweight in .308), a Thompson Center single shot, Rem 870 12ga, CZ 452 and very cheep Marlin .22lr for the kids. Thats not counting the "REAL" rifles:D

Sorry about the gift status Morten. If it gets audited on its way OUT of the US, then I'm the one that gets into trouble.......

Triad - ya i know it would be a problem for you then, and therefor its not used that often to send it as a gift ;)

I try to figure something out, maybe i got a shooting buddy going to US in november, or else I just have to take the chance and hope i do not get caught in customs

Yaaa!!! my friend just ordered the stock pack to his adress in USA, and he is willing to bring it back home to me in first section of octobor :D :D :D