• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where the hell r?

skytrooper67

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2023
WNY
all the Nosler .277.. 150 gr. BT or AB? Cant find them anywhere on the net. Any ideas?

Last edited:
.277 150gr BT been around at least 30 yrs. The AB came out in 2018 I believe. These shoot the best in my .270WIn. At 2975 fps, Devastating on WT deer. DRT. Cant find them anywhere.

The better question is...

Where the hell are most of Nosler's bullet lines?

They only seem to be making a fraction of their various bullet lines.

Mike

Reactions: KYAggie
I’ve got a few Noslers left, but when I’m out, I’m moving on.
Not really worth the hassle on price point and availability just to ping a deer or coyote (with the possibility of a pig) every now and then.
I’m going to try either Barnes or Hammers in my .25-06 and I recently laid in a lifetime supply (I’m 50, so…) of old 175 Interlocks for my #1 7x57.

Reactions: lash
The better question is...

Where the hell are most of Nosler's bullet lines?

Exactly! I’ve been using the 140 AB for years in my 270. I’ve been looking for more for over a year. I still have about 120 of them, but I’m running low and need more. I recently gave up and bought some Barnes 129 LRX’s to try since they are available and they expand at lower velocities than the TTSX. I’ve used pretty much nothing but Nosler bullets for hunting since the early 80’s, but their inability to actually service their product lines has left me looking elsewhere. The 7mm 160 AB is just as unobtanium. I’ll use up the ones I have, then switch to Barnes or Hammers.

Exactly! I’ve been using the 140 AB for years in my 270. I’ve been looking for more for over a year. I still have about 120 of them, but I’m running low and need more. I recently gave up and bought some Barnes 129 LRX’s to try since they are available and they expand at lower velocities than the TTSX. I’ve used pretty much nothing but Nosler bullets for hunting since the early 80’s, but their inability to actually service their product lines has left me looking elsewhere. The 7mm 160 AB is just as unobtanium. I’ll use up the ones I have, then switch to Barnes or Hammers.
I'll be the first to admit I'm not a Nosler fan. I don't dislike them, I just don't see the performance vs cost for my application. But I don't want to see them go under... And it sure seems like that is where they're going.

You can't rely on brand loyalty to keep the doors open if you treat your business as a hobby... Or at least give that appearance.

Has anyone called/emailed them to find out just what in the hell the deal is?

Mike

Everyone seems to forget that the primary customers- and market- for bullet manufacturers are “factory” ammunition manufacturers. Reloaders get the leftovers once those contracts are satisfied. Look at what is going on in the larger ammunition market. We still haven’t recovered from several years of panic buying and hoarding. Don’t worry about Nosler going under. You aren’t their primary concern.

And, yeah, the price : performance ratio of Nosler bullets don’t make them attractive to me. But, the 130 BT and AB both shoot really well in my 270.

Reloaders get the leftovers once those contracts are satisfied.
I bet you right. They use to only supply handloaders, but that changed years ago when Federal started loading premium bullets and everyone does it. That leaves us at the end of the line.

Dowdle sports and outdoors outta tenn. has them. A good supply. They take CC's rob

Shocking, Nosler must be making some bullets again; they have 7m 160 AB’s blems at Shooter Pro Shop. They also have 270 140 BT’s, 150 Partitions, and 165 ABLR’s, or at least they did a few minutes ago….check 30 cal, they have 180 AB’s and 190 ABLR.

Get them while they last!

Shit, for $0.70 per bullet, I’ll buy Berger. F Nosler.