• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to buy a TRG-22?

Conqueror

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2008
North Central FL
A SAKO TRG-22 has been one of my "dream rifles" since I was a kid just learning to shoot my dad's .22. I have been patiently saving up and am close to taking the plunge on the green phosphate model. I'm just wondering if the Hide members have hints on reputable dealers who have good pricing on SAKO rifles? I know about EuroOptic ($2698) and cheapest I have seen on GB is about $2500 NIB from a seller with good feedback. Anywhere else I should be looking?

Thanks,
J

Re: Where to buy a TRG-22?

I dont know about a 22, but at my local coffee/gun shop they got a brand new 42 forsale

I would feel a little iffy about sending money to Alaska to a dealer that doesn't have some feedback or something I can look at.

WHITTAKER GUNS

6976 West Louisville Lane

Owensboro KY, 42301

Phone: 270-229-0140
Fax : 270-229-9139

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would feel a little iffy about sending money to Alaska to a dealer that doesn't have some feedback or something I can look at. </div></div>

Call them up, Great Northern Gun 907-563-3006. This is the end all to be all of gun Stors. I have been all over the country and I have never seen anyone better. Ask for Frank, he has a TRG22 and talked me into the 42 and Im so glad I did. He can send pic, they are the best to work with. Just tell him Butch told you to call. He will treat you great.

I got my TRG42 from Alex at euro-optic. Great guy to deal with and put together a great package deal for me with the NF scope. Quick shipping as well. Highly recommend

I bought mine in almost new conditon from someone here on the "Hide". I got a good deal on a GREAT rifle so don't forget about the Classifieds! Good luck and I think you will be very happy when you finally get one.

Whattker is where i got my trg22 also have ordered from EuroOptics and both guys are good to go.
Also 1+ for Near mfg. great mounts

whittaker guns is the cats meow.im lucky enough to live about 1 hour away and its hard to beat there prices.they have a web site but its not updated everyday so you have to call.i think its over 6000 guns in stock.

Yeah I've seen the Near mounts... anyone using the Badger TRG base? It's a lot cheaper and it's not like Badger makes bad stuff...

If your luck runs anything like mine, as soon as you send off money for a new one, a smokin' deal on a nice used one with about 10 rounds through it will get posted in the classifieds about 2 hours later......

Be careful about buying from non-ffls-- I bought a TRG-22 from an individual off of Gunbroker. I got a fair deal, and it was the only used one available. Once I got it, however, I found the trigger was not what it should have been (i.e., broken). You can look for the threads I posted.

Since I did not buy from an ffl, I went ahead and purchased a new trigger unit ($323). All-in-all, I still got a fair deal, just not as good as I thought I would. Caveat Emptor.

No regrets with the rifle, though. It has been the best firearm I've ever shot. Going out tomorrow to try out some lighter loads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> anyone using the Badger TRG base? </div></div>

I went whole-hog and have Sako base, rings, bipod, etc. Buy once, cry once.

I generally agree with you, but we aren't comparing Good vs. Crap. I have never had to cry more than once over a Badger Ordnance product. Do you think the $500 SAKO base is really superior to the $150 Badger base and $150 Badger rings?

insectguy - yeah, I was not looking at used ones on GB, they were NIB from FFLs. I did see your trigger threads.

Thanks for the input.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I generally agree with you, but we aren't comparing Good vs. Crap. I have never had to cry more than once over a Badger Ordnance product. Do you think the $500 SAKO base is really superior to the $150 Badger base and $150 Badger rings?</div></div>

I'm happy with what I have, get whatever suits you.

I'm getting ready to buy the SAKO TRG 22 myself. I too have been looking and compairing pricing on GB and GA. The best I found BNIB from an FFL dealer was $2,495.00 on GB. I'll pull the trigger sometime in the next couple of weeks. IMHO I think the SAKO rings and mounts ar WAY over priced. I'm looking at Badger myself and then a Versa Pod bipod. I know alot of people buy the Harris. I just bought for the first time a VersaPod Bipod, wow, very nice engineering. Great bipod, the only down side I would have to say is the weight. As far as Optic go, I'll going to wait a few more months until Leupold realease's the new Mark 4 T with a Horus Vision Reticle. It should be a solid setup when I'm done.

Got my TRG22 from Alex @ Eurooptics..... good price and great service (before and after). The only SAKO "accessory" that I purchased was an additional 10 round magazine. Went with Near mfg base, nightforce rings, scope and Harris bi-pod.

Jay

Yep, I knew about the $2495 one on GB... and I bought it.
smile.gif
Comes from an FFL with 400+ positive feedback and no negatives, so I anticipate good service. For the mount I'll probably go with Near or Badger.

Congrats, Conquerer. You're gonna love it. I went with the Near base, and it's great. Word of advice though, mine absolutely sprays Prvi 175 gr. Heard it was "really accurate for the price" from a buddy who shoots mostly AR-10s. Not the case in a TRG, apparently.
smile.gif
It'll love FGMM, though.

Thanks for the tip, I have some 168gr FGMM here to use up and then I'll probably start working up a good handload for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perryguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try Shooters Supply in Louisville</div></div>

Thank you. I've got about 16 in stock.