• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Where to Buy Barrett BORS

dartvidar

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2010
I am looking for buying the BORS for NF 5.5-22 NXS.
Where do I get the best price and fast shipping?
The best prices I have find is 1250$ and 1310$, but I’m not sure how fast they ship.
The place who sell for 1250$ had long delivery time.

Re: Where to Buy Barrett BORS

Whatever you do, check their rating with the Better Business Bureau <span style="font-weight: bold">BEFORE</span> you plunk down your cash. Also search here for problems others may have had with the business.

The lowest price does not guarantee the best experience.

Do anyone know a serious shop’s, that sell the BORS for 1300$-1350$?
They will need to have fast expedition.

Have you tried

Schryver gun sales ? Not sure what his price is, but he handles them.

You try Eurooptics??? I heard they are very good to deal with.. I would give them a call.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoosier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you tried

Schryver gun sales ? Not sure what his price is, but he handles them. </div></div>They was pricy, almost 200$ more than Eurooptics.

my local gun shop trader jerry has one for a nightforce they have been tryn like hell to sell. I bet they would let it go at amost a cost.

pm me if you want a the # and name you need to talk to

does anyone know if the BORS system is very effective. any info would be much appreciated as i am thinking of investing myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pierre</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone know if the BORS system is very effective. any info would be much appreciated as i am thinking of investing myself. </div></div>

It has the exact same effectiveness as any ballistic computer, that is what it is. It just knows where your turret is and adjusts the readout according to that.

There are lots better ways to go than the BORS.

For example, just use any of the good ballistic programs for the Iphones or Ipod touch, if those are available where you are.

Or, buy a Kestrel 4000 or 4500 to compute density altitude, and print yourself a density altitude dope card using these instructions:

Making Ballistic Cards Using Density Altitude

Or, you can use a watch like the Casio Pathfinder to get station pressure, and use these instructions to get the density altitude:

Manual Calculation of Density Altitude

The BORS is an expensive solution to a problem much more readily solved.

So it doesn't move your turrets? I thought the thing was so big because it had a motor in it to actually move the turret. It's just a computer then? Does it do windage as well?

Kyle said the new software update will add windage to the window so you know what to hold.

It doesn't move the turret, when you move it, the display updates the range you can engage in, as stated the new software update will include a line for windage holds for that range as well.

can ballistics programs be used with the iphone 4 ?? or a htc desire wich is the windows equivelent ?? if so wow time to invest

As stated by Lindy, Ballistics: Field Tactical Edition is available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Additionally, there are many others. Do a search for "ballistic" on the App Store and you'll find about a dozen or so, ranging in price from $4.99 - $29.99.

If you have your heart/mind set on getting the Barrett BORS, check out <span style="font-weight: bold">Bear Basin Outfitters</span>.

Bullet Flight is worth the few bucks. Very similar to FTE but has an additional page which is more field practical i.e. faster.

+/- to both but as they aren't particularly expensive you can buy both and see what you prefer