• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to buy blemished bullets?

Old Coach

Minuteman
Jul 5, 2007
WNC
I found an old thread (Apr of 2013) about blemished bullets at Midway.
Can't find them on their site.
Where can I find blems for 7mm, 6.5mm, and 308?

Thanks
Coach

If your close to Sedalia MO. go to the Sierra plant ... they sell "seconds", it used to be 1/3 of what the boxed bullets sold for.

When I was shooting a lot, I'd make a 2 hour pilgrimage there every year & buy 5K of 69 HPBTM 223's & 5K of 168 HPBTM 308's ... Then for the next 2-3 weeks I'd spend evenings watching TV, sorting & weighing into groups + or - .3 grains ... The few that had malformed jackets I'd use to warm the barrel, very few were ever tossed out.

I have gotten them from Midway,Powder Valley, Grafs, and Midsouth. All are good dealers.

Midsouth actually allows you to backorder things. It may take a while, but they DO come through.

Watch out however, I have found that although they are cosmetic blems according to the sellers, the accuracy doesn't seem to back it up.

I have had that with the noslers