• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to buy M40A1 bottom metal for build?

John L

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2010
MI
Guys,
Now that Williams is closed, where are you finding Post 64 steel bottom metal for your M40A1 builds? I already know to stay away from TMA.
John

1708190749008.png

Don’t buy shit from that crook you will be lucky to ever receive it.

@USMCSGT0331 Ryan know anyone making these?

Last edited:

Don't kill the messenger
I’m not. Trying to make people aware not to purchase anything from TMA, Twomanattack, hogs den or whatever he calls himself now that he has swindled people out of their money.

Spend your money with someone like Chad from LRI , GA Precision or try contacting Mark at Raven Rifles to see if they will make one for you.

Reactions: corsairpilot62
I’m not. Trying to make people aware not to purchase anything from TMA, Twomanattack, hogs den or whatever he calls himself now that he has swindled people out of their money.

Spend your money with someone like Chad from LRI , GA Precision or try contacting Mark at Raven Rifles to see if they will make one for you.
Here's a list of TMA's usernames tthat come to mind. Knowing him, he has a lot more aliases, but these are the ones that I've personally seen to be associated with him. Only shitbags with something to hide create a ton of aliases. I'm at the other end of the spectrum, I only have 1 username for all forums/ebay/Gunbroker/etc., because this is, at the most basic level, my "brand" and how people recognize me. My username is tied directly to who I am, and who people know me to be. My reputation is directly attached to my username. TMA, on the other hand, does all sorts of fucked up shit, and needs to hide who he is. But he still drops hints and clues that it's still the same person, but with different usernames. You can see this by the unique wording of his posts, only he types the stupid shit that he posts ("home of the deadliest snipers," "pedigreed" rifle, etc.).

TwoMan Attack - used here on Sniper's Hide, hasn't been used in a long time

TwoManAttach - used on other gun forums, notice how he misspelled the word "attack" and it now has an "h" at the end, so the last word is now "attach"

The Hogs Den - used on eBay and Gunbroker, also has a website with this name as the address, this is currently in use

Latina in Corvina - used here on Sniper's Hide long ago, claims that it's his daughter's account, but it's an account selling his shit

Cru Z (or however it's spelled) - used on Gunbroker a few years back, claims that it's his son's account, but it's an account selling his shit

Walkaroundboat - used on other gun forums and possibly an old email address

PlumbersCrack - yes, fucking seriously, thia is one of TMA's things too! I can't remember if this was used on other gun forums or if it was an old email address of his

Just so people know, stay away from TMA at all costs!!!

The funny thing is that he has this photo of himself or whoever working on the "A1" rifle, and this photo just so happens to show an amazing example of what his FAKE stock paint job looks like! I might actually have photos of this actual stock with this paint job (or the photos I have are one of his other stocks with his signature FAKE sniper paint that looks the same). He always paints his stocks like this, it's a cery unique pattern, like a fingerprint. If you have a stock that is painted like this, it's probably one of his FAKE sniper paint jobs!

Even more ridiculous is that he paints these stocks without a barreled action installed, so there's paint overspray in the receiver inletting and barrel channel. He also attaches the bottom metal and triggerguard to the stock by using a set of nuts and bolts. That's how he keeps the triggerguard and bottom metal attached to the stock without those pieces attaching to a receiver. Even crazier, the nuts and bolts he uses to attach the bottom metal and triggerguard to the stock were left in the stock that I have photos of. Those nuts/bolts holding things together in the receiver inletting in the stock actually have the camo rattlecan painted overspray on them!!

If it's real sniper paint, then why is a USMC sniper removing the barreled action from the stock, attaching the bottom metal and triggerguard to the stock with nuts and bolts, painting the stock and everything attached to it while the nuts/bolts are holding the parts together, claiming that it's a genuine USMC return stock with real "sniper paint" that also somehow came with the oversprayed nuts/bolts installed, and also this stock was sold to a guy like this AND it had a FAKE certificate of authenticity with it!!! TMA is a fraud, and that's heavily documented on this site (it's not slander or lies, we have proof of the fucked up shit that he's done to people over the years).

cr=w:1164,h:582

@Hobo Hilton, I'm not yelling at you in this post, I just quoted your post because you had a link to that scumbag's website. I just wanted to show everything a photo that he has up on his site that literally shows the FAKE sniper paint that he's very well known for. People need to be educated on this stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss
To answer @John L question. You can purchase pre64 bottom metal from pre64win.com and post 64 win bottom metal from midwest gun works. A gunsmith will have to modify it for ya.

Another idea is PTG m40a1 bottom metal. Although PTG has a lot of mixed reviews. So…I’d use them if other options don’t work out.

Hope this helps!

To answer @John L question. You can purchase pre64 bottom metal from pre64win.com and post 64 win bottom metal from midwest gun works. A gunsmith will have to modify it for ya.

Another idea is PTG m40a1 bottom metal. Although PTG has a lot of mixed reviews. So…I’d use them if other options don’t work out.

Hope this helps!
Midwest Gun Works shows all the parts I would need as either out of stock or discontinued. I have all the Pre 64 parts, but the new McMillan smears are inletted for Post 64 parts. PTG is another company I refuse to deal with. One of his F up's cost me plenty and even though he did personally call to apologize, he never offered to reimburse me the approximately $600.00 his mistake cost. This can be confirmed by one of the most respected gunsmiths on this board, so no BS second hand rumors here.
To everyone else, I know about TMA's reputation so he will get nothing from me, though I do have to wonder why someone would recommend him after all the people he has screwed over. Not like it has not been known for quite a while.
John

Reactions: corsairpilot62
Midwest Gun Works shows all the parts I would need as either out of stock or discontinued. I have all the Pre 64 parts, but the new McMillan smears are inletted for Post 64 parts. PTG is another company I refuse to deal with. One of his F up's cost me plenty and even though he did personally call to apologize, he never offered to reimburse me the approximately $600.00 his mistake cost. This can be confirmed by one of the most respected gunsmiths on this board, so no BS second hand rumors here.
To everyone else, I know about TMA's reputation so he will get nothing from me, though I do have to wonder why someone would recommend him after all the people he has screwed over. Not like it has not been known for quite a while.
John
So a few options. You could also try numrich gun parts and ebay.

I think the difference between The pre and post 64 bottom metal is metal thickness. So You could just build up the area during the bedding process.

Winchester Model 70 Floorplate and Triggerguard in Steel are what is correct. There is pre-64 and post-64 styling, post 64 being more A1 looking and the pre-64 having been used on some earlier stocks. Both of these can be found on eBay and then will need fit by a gunsmith. Pacific Tool and Gauge is offering A1 bottom metal ready to go and is certainly worth someone trying it out and letting everyone know.

I once refused to sell him a rare USMC item. He wrote me under a different name like some teenage girl trying to buy it for her dad.
He also savaged the correct items of a USMC vet, posted very bad things about him so no one would buy his really nice USMC items. Then tried to buy it himself. TMA is a next level scumbag.

Winchester Model 70 Floorplate and Triggerguard in Steel are what is correct. There is pre-64 and post-64 styling, post 64 being more A1 looking and the pre-64 having been used on some earlier stocks. Both of these can be found on eBay and then will need fit by a gunsmith. Pacific Tool and Gauge is offering A1 bottom metal ready to go and is certainly worth someone trying it out and letting everyone know.

Mac,
I appreciate the advice, now as far as PTG goes I've had enough bad experience with that company that I won't be the guinea pig. I also don't like the "no refunds after the order is placed" policy. I'm keeping my eye on EBay seems the trigger guard is going to be the hard part.

IMG_5281.jpeg

This is the Williams 2 piece bottom metal. I have been hoping to lock in a new smear to put it in, but may end up just getting a current forest camo stock.

Reactions: Charlie112
The funny thing is that he has this photo of himself or whoever working on the "A1" rifle, and this photo just so happens to show an amazing example of what his FAKE stock paint job looks like! I might actually have photos of this actual stock with this paint job (or the photos I have are one of his other stocks with his signature FAKE sniper paint that looks the same). He always paints his stocks like this, it's a cery unique pattern, like a fingerprint. If you have a stock that is painted like this, it's probably one of his FAKE sniper paint jobs!

Even more ridiculous is that he paints these stocks without a barreled action installed, so there's paint overspray in the receiver inletting and barrel channel. He also attaches the bottom metal and triggerguard to the stock by using a set of nuts and bolts. That's how he keeps the triggerguard and bottom metal attached to the stock without those pieces attaching to a receiver. Even crazier, the nuts and bolts he uses to attach the bottom metal and triggerguard to the stock were left in the stock that I have photos of. Those nuts/bolts holding things together in the receiver inletting in the stock actually have the camo rattlecan painted overspray on them!!

If it's real sniper paint, then why is a USMC sniper removing the barreled action from the stock, attaching the bottom metal and triggerguard to the stock with nuts and bolts, painting the stock and everything attached to it while the nuts/bolts are holding the parts together, claiming that it's a genuine USMC return stock with real "sniper paint" that also somehow came with the oversprayed nuts/bolts installed, and also this stock was sold to a guy like this AND it had a FAKE certificate of authenticity with it!!! TMA is a fraud, and that's heavily documented on this site (it's not slander or lies, we have proof of the fucked up shit that he's done to people over the years).

cr=w:1164,h:582

@Hobo Hilton, I'm not yelling at you in this post, I just quoted your post because you had a link to that scumbag's website. I just wanted to show everything a photo that he has up on his site that literally shows the FAKE sniper paint that he's very well known for. People need to be educated on this stuff.
I'll give anyone "real sniper paint" on their stock for a beer. Then we'll beat the shit out of it shooting in the front yard like it's supposed to be to make it even more fer'realz, of course while drinking more beer while talking about how much TMA is a fag.

I'll give anyone "real sniper paint" on their stock for a beer. Then we'll beat the shit out of it shooting in the front yard like it's supposed to be to make it even more fer'realz, of course while drinking more beer while talking about how much TMA is a fag.
Ya know, when i receieved my tba rifle. I did forget the A1 was a work horse and not a trophy rifle. That is being corrected. Lol

Being in the UK my options are limited around sourcing parts. I went with Pacific Tool & Gauge, ordered the bottom metals, mag boxes, springs, screw sets and follower.
I have just received the two limited edition Smear Stocks that I was able to purchase from a member on the Hide.
The attached photos show the PTG parts and they are a drop in fit on the new smear stock.
I presume the bottom metal should sit flush to the stock? If so, the front needs inletting slightly, otherwise an excellent fit.
Quality seems very good, as does the finish.

Shipping to the UK was trouble free and PTG are one of the few US retailers willing to ship parts to the UK.

All in all I am happy with quality and service.

7WnKG1x.jpg

rlpvV1m.jpg

H9wNDuK.jpg

ORgNuKy.jpg

9AmHb3I.jpg

otgKsUw.jpg

R7Lb8yu.jpg

IFKFB8E.jpg

bRE0obJ.jpg

jia0MkS.jpg

b3WVTU4.jpg

r0zSx2S.jpg

Qx4QmNZ.jpg

Being in the UK my options are limited around sourcing parts. I went with Pacific Tool & Gauge, ordered the bottom metals, mag boxes, springs, screw sets and follower.
I have just received the two limited edition Smear Stocks that I was able to purchase from a member on the Hide.
The attached photos show the PTG parts and they are a drop in fit on the new smear stock.
I presume the bottom metal should sit flush to the stock? If so, the front needs inletting slightly, otherwise an excellent fit.
Quality seems very good, as does the finish.

Shipping to the UK was trouble free and PTG are one of the few US retailers willing to ship parts to the UK.

All in all I am happy with quality and service.

7WnKG1x.jpg

rlpvV1m.jpg

H9wNDuK.jpg

ORgNuKy.jpg

9AmHb3I.jpg

otgKsUw.jpg

R7Lb8yu.jpg

IFKFB8E.jpg

bRE0obJ.jpg

jia0MkS.jpg

b3WVTU4.jpg

r0zSx2S.jpg

Qx4QmNZ.jpg
That floor plate is about 0.050" long, it is also missing the filed in notch for the retaining detent on the trigger guard.
That bottom metal was made by scanning a model 70 bottom metal that I modded to A1 specs. The final "perfect" length of the floor plate is to be done after bedding and then the notch filed in.

Last edited:
thanks for that.
So are you saying there should be a gap between the floor plate and the stock? Only the gap is widest at the front, hence I thought it needed inletting at the front.